Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 3.0

Default Re: Bracketology 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The fact remains the process is terrible. The committee should not assume that the auto bid team is the best team but they have and they will very likely continue to.
    They don't always. In 2015 NDSU was the MVFC auto but was seeded below Illinois St who they shared the title with. But last year I'm pretty sure the committee chair even called out the fact that Maine being the CAA auto got them a seed over JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They don't always. In 2015 NDSU was the MVFC auto but was seeded below Illinois St who they shared the title with. But last year I'm pretty sure the committee chair even called out the fact that Maine being the CAA auto got them a seed over JMU.
    It would be good if last year’s statement by the committee chair doesn’t establish a precedent, so I hope they’re presented with a legitimate opportunity to refute it sooner rather than later.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I just hope we don't have to watch 6 CAA teams shit the bed again this year. Or see all 5 MVFC teams on one side of the bracket.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I just hope we don't have to watch 6 CAA teams shit the bed again this year. Or see all 5 MVFC teams on one side of the bracket.
    I'm sure they will come up with something new to blow our minds. All of the conference champs from the scholarship leagues get a seed?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The former seems a less than 1% likelihood this year. The latter isn't possible within the rules anymore.

However, what would be frustrating is if they set the seeds something like NDSU at #1, SDSU at #5, and Illinois St at #8 (so they're all on the top side of the bracket) then feed UNI into SDSU or Illinois St but add SIU as one of the last teams in the field and stick them on the bottom side of the bracket just to satisfy the requirement that conferences with 4 or more teams in the playoffs can't have all their teams in one half of the bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The former seems a less than 1% likelihood this year. The latter isn't possible within the rules anymore.

However, what would be frustrating is if they set the seeds something like NDSU at #1, SDSU at #5, and Illinois St at #8 (so they're all on the top side of the bracket) then feed UNI into SDSU or Illinois St but add SIU as one of the last teams in the field and stick them on the bottom side of the bracket just to satisfy the requirement that conferences with 4 or more teams in the playoffs can't have all their teams in one half of the bracket.
    They changed that and made it a rule? Guess I missed that.

Regionalization is D2
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

They changed that and made it a rule? Guess I missed that.
    Yeah, after the 2015 season when all 5 MVFC teams where on the bottom side of the bracket. They're allowed to add an extra flight if they have to do so to split up the teams from a conference with 4 or more teams in the field.

Of course in 2015 they wouldn't have even had to add a flight. They fed UNI into #6 Portland St that year which was obviously a flight same as it would've been to feed them into any seed on the top side of the bracket. They could've swapped them with Colgate/New Hampshire on the top side of the bracket feeding into #5 JMU since neither of those schools were within 400 miles of JMU either.

I don't see how you separate SDSU, UNI, and ISUr. I also don't see how you separate Montana, Weber, and Sac St. I think those are the #3-8 teams, but I don't know how to sequence them. The committee won't seed it that way. They'll seed another CAA team or worse. I'd probably go Griz, Weber, Sac St, SDSU, ISU, UNI. The committee is going to leave one of the Valley teams unseeded so we will see them in the dome the first Saturday in December.

Quote Originally Posted by turkeybucket View Post
    I don't see how you separate SDSU, UNI, and ISUr. I also don't see how you separate Montana, Weber, and Sac St. I think those are the #3-8 teams, but I don't know how to sequence them. The committee won't seed it that way. They'll seed another CAA team or worse. I'd probably go Griz, Weber, Sac St, SDSU, ISU, UNI. The committee is going to leave one of the Valley teams unseeded so we will see them in the dome the first Saturday in December.
    Considering the injuries to the other MVFC teams, it probably would be fair to not seed them all. It's a mess. I don't know which of the three teams is the most gutted. All have lost their starting QB. I think they've all lost either their star RB or WR(or both if you're UNI). Even with 3 or 4 MVFC seeds this year, I don't expect the Valley to do all that much outside of NDSU. Just too many critical losses.