Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: GDT: vs. Stony Brook - Islander Invitational Championship

Default Re: GDT: vs. Stony Brook - Islander Invitational Championship

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    One key piece of information is missing here. The 3 point line moved back from last year to this year by 16+ inches so making the comparison from last year more difficult. Most people expect 3 point percentages to go down a couple of percent on average this year. It will take a while for the players to adjust to the new distance.

"The distance is now 22 feet, 1¾ inches — 16.75 inches farther than the line was for the 2018-19 season." https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...231214278.html
    Not really buying that when the 3pt line moved back for everyone yet the Bison went from 62nd in 3pt shooting in 2018/19 to 213th this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Not really buying that when the 3pt line moved back for everyone yet the Bison went from 62nd in 3pt shooting in 2018/19 to 213th this year.
    Right— it cross-references.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Maybe they just don't got that range, professor?

https://youtu.be/EZ_e-tTBL-g

Lmfao we need 2 have another game asap, I'd love 2 show CAS who's the boss down on the block!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    Maybe they just don't got that range, professor?

https://youtu.be/EZ_e-tTBL-g

Lmfao we need 2 have another game asap, I'd love 2 show CAS who's the boss down on the block!
    I only shoot 3s for the win!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

They've been practicing with the line at it's current distance this summer and all fall, the Puerto Rico trip was at the international distance so they've played games at it. I figured it would affect the percentage a little but it's been a bigger drop off than I was expecting. Hopefully it's just some early season consistency issues and it'll balance out as the season goes on, if not we better find out another way to score because the 57 points we scored in each of the last two games isn't going to win us very many.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good coaching staffs have the ability to make adjustments.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    get ready for 18-10 (well 20-10 with 2 naia wins) the press/school touts it as a successful year with a successful coach. maybe we win 2 games at summit, maybe we win 3 and lose in 1st round of ncaa's. finish 21-11 and it'll be Wash, Rinse, Repeat for 4 more years with an extension?
    BS, win the regular season and conference tourney or I'm out for blood. He should not have been given the extension he got last year.