Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GDT: vs. Stony Brook - Islander Invitational Championship

Default Re: GDT: vs. Stony Brook - Islander Invitational Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You can still be a jump shooting team and attack the basket, even before the shot clock gets down under 10. They don't seem to want to or aren't able to do that. That's the source of my frustration.

I don't mind the offensive fouls. At least it shows some aggressiveness. But you're right that too many times the driver lets the defense off the hook with a sloppy pass or the guys whose defenders are helping on the driver aren't making themselves available to the driver. Too much standing and watching by the 4 guys on the court without the ball against man defenses. Griesel moves really well without the ball... not sure anyone else does.
    Create fouls and go to the line for some free points.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Is it just me or does Vinnie not look as aggressive as last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Create fouls and go to the line for some free points.
    Yep, as Bobby Knight would say "use the shot fake". The fact that they have so many good 3 point shooters (at least they're supposed to be good 3 point shooters) should open up driving lanes.

Teams that play aggressive defense on us, we need to use backdoors cuts to get them off that in your face defense.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Is it just me or does Vinnie not look as aggressive as last year?
    He hasn't played well that is for sure, which makes me a feel a bit better about what we are seeing. He will figure it out.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    He hasn't played well that is for sure, which makes me a feel a bit better about what we are seeing. He will figure it out.
    He looked pretty good in pick n roll with juco witz 2 bad he only played 18 min that entire tourny

Any 1 else hyped 2 see mad dog Madsen and Utah valley come 2 town? Maybe him n richman can play a lil 1 on 1 put that ego in check once and. 4 all

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    He looked pretty good in pick n roll with juco witz 2 bad he only played 18 min that entire tourny
    He should play more but that would force Richman to play a bigger lineup more and that would means less time for his favorites like Quayle.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    He should play more but that would force Richman to play a bigger lineup more and that would means less time for his favorites like Quayle.
    It's all part of what I like to call playing lineups that the other team wants us to play. We had more size than every team in that tournament, we coulda played Rocky at the 4 and Witz at the 5 at the same time and not one team would've been able to match up, the problem is Dave bases his matchups off of defense instead of offense. We woulda had a big on a smaller/quicker guy on defense which with how we switch and help I don't think it would've mattered that much or we coulda even tried zone in that lineup but Dave doesn't like to take those chances. For once I'd like to see the focus be put on making the other team figure out how to stop us

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    It's all part of what I like to call playing lineups that the other team wants us to play. We had more size than every team in that tournament, we coulda played Rocky at the 4 and Witz at the 5 at the same time and not one team would've been able to match up, the problem is Dave bases his matchups off of defense instead of offense. We woulda had a big on a smaller/quicker guy on defense which with how we switch and help I don't think it would've mattered that much or we coulda even tried zone in that lineup but Dave doesn't like to take those chances. For once I'd like to see the focus be put on making the other team figure out how to stop us
    This is true since he went small ball but he won at home doing it last Monday.