Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Next Up: The SIU Salukis

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2019 Next Up: The SIU Salukis

Is there a team in the Valley that we can compare SIU to? Maybe like a light version ISUr? Non-mobile QB, bruiser of a back in Williams at wildcat. How’s their defense?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Is there a team in the Valley that we can compare SIU to? Maybe like a light version ISUr? Non-mobile QB, bruiser of a back in Williams at wildcat. How’s their defense?
    Their defense? About to be gashed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

I’m not sure about details of their running game, but if blocking scheme is similar to SDSU’s (zone) with a stud for a RB, that could pose serious problems, especially with Cox and Merc injured and who may not be available. Plus, their pass D appears to be as solid as any in MVFC.

Grass field? If so, this version of NDSU doesn’t play as well on that surface compared to turf.

But I’m no purist, so ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I k ow very little about them I guess. Are Cox and Merc basically a game time decision as of now or still day to day?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

I k ow very little about them I guess. Are Cox and Merc basically a game time decision as of now or still day to day?
    I don’t know the answer to that. We haven’t herd much about either injury or their status for the game.

Bussey, after an incredible first showing, is out with broken finger for six weeks, so I guess we don’t have to worry about him using up his 4 games and maintaining his redshirt status.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Entz said in his presser yesterday that Mercadel practiced last week Tuesday so it seems like he's closer to returning than Cox is. But I'm sure they'll be super cautious with the autobid and a top 2 seed essentially already locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Entz said in his presser yesterday that Mercadel practiced last week Tuesday so it seems like he's closer to returning than Cox is. But I'm sure they'll be super cautious with the autobid and a top 2 seed essentially already locked up.
    They were both on the two deep Izzo posted at the press conference
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default 2019 Next Up: The SIU Salukis

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    One would hope that’s a good sign. Wonder whether they may be a game/in-game decision depending on how actual game is going.

Although I’ll say it easier for a player to start than come in and try to change pace of game .... but I’ll never underestimate Jabril Cox and what he can do.

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Any noticeable/appreciable dropoff last week minus those two? I'm unconvinced Jabril is the game changer many think he is. Seem to recall some saying we needed to be careful with the dangerous uptempo coyote O. Yawwwn.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Any noticeable/appreciable dropoff last week minus those two? I'm unconvinced Jabril is the game changer many think he is. Seem to recall some saying we needed to be careful with the dangerous uptempo coyote O. Yawwwn.
    That QB probably wouldn't have been quite as successful but he accounted for almost all of the offense last week. It was pretty harmless leaving them out.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯