Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Next Up: The SIU Salukis

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2019 Next Up: The SIU Salukis

As of right now the NWS is still forecasting party sunny and 44 for Carbondale although I heard the rubes on some radio station today say it was supposed to get much colder there with a rain/snow mix.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    As of right now the NWS is still forecasting party sunny and 44 for Carbondale although I heard the rubes on some radio station today say it was supposed to get much colder there with a rain/snow mix.
    Sounds like the last time I was in Illinois in November.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default 2019 Next Up: The SIU Salukis

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    That QB probably wouldn't have been quite as successful but he accounted for almost all of the offense last week. It was pretty harmless leaving them out.
    We were in a 6 DBack D quite a bit. But solid tacklers in the normally LB spots. Not so sure we won’t see more of this going forward because of speed-factor. Crazy fast,and speed kills, as we know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Sounds like the last time I was in Illinois in November.
    It would be very interesting if the weather is similar to Normal in 2017. We will see you Saturday.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

44 F with 75% cloud cover that fades as the sun fades. Perfect weather, no hard field. Let’s get out of there without injuries

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Any noticeable/appreciable dropoff last week minus those two? I'm unconvinced Jabril is the game changer many think he is. Seem to recall some saying we needed to be careful with the dangerous uptempo coyote O. Yawwwn.
    Cox is an eraser. He quietly cleans up messes. Watch his closing speed, it's game changing.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Cox is an eraser. He quietly cleans up messes. Watch his closing speed, it's game changing.
    I'm watching, we looked damn good on D without him Saturday. He is trouble as an extra DB in a quasi nickel. And yes he has great speed for LB. He's third in tackles I was more impressed with him as a frosh. If he's listening, up your game. Play every play likes it's your last.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    I'm watching, we looked damn good on D without him Saturday. He is trouble as an extra DB in a quasi nickel. And yes he has great speed for LB. He's third in tackles I was more impressed with him as a frosh. If he's listening, up your game. Play every play likes it's your last.
    We played USD last Saturday. We also have very good young DBs. Jabril Cox is also a game changer.

Jabril is excellent and in my opinion definitely the best player on our defense. Our opponents are well aware of where he plays and what he is capable of doing. Rarely (basically never) do they take him head on anymore which might make it seem like he’s not a “game changer” but really, he makes opponents to change their game because of how good he is.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    We were in a 6 DBack D quite a bit. But solid tacklers in the normally LB spots. Not so sure we won’t see more of this going forward because of speed-factor. Crazy fast,and speed kills, as we know.

It reminded me of how Gus Bradley approached Lamar Jackson last year in the playoffs when the Chargers beat the Ravens.
    Hail the BISON!!!