Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Next Up: The SIU Salukis

Default Re: 2019 Next Up: The SIU Salukis

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Ha! Just calling for Rule of Order.

Anyway, I get nervous for every game because I respect the competition. We have a young team, so anything could happen, including a loss. And that goes for playoffs too. Get a hungry opponent combined with team “fatigue” and we gone ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Salukis have a few good players on offense that probably will challenge the Bison defense on Saturday.

Hail the BISON!!!

I know either of these teams would boat race SELA or Nicholls, from the looks of it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Salukis have a few good players on offense that probably will challenge the Bison defense on Saturday.

That will be fun/interesting.

I once squared up on a RB who ended up in NFL. Had my form tackle at waist lined up ... I got hurdled and beat for 15 or so yard gain. . Youch. But my game eval by position coach for that play read like this: “He’s a good player, isn’t he”? Humbled.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ha! Just calling for Rule of Order.

Anyway, I get nervous for every game because I respect the competition. We have a young team, so anything could happen, including a loss. And that goes for playoffs too. Get a hungry opponent combined with team “fatigue” and we gone ...

Agreed, so do I! Mangey Egyptian dogs have a pretty good DL that are near the top in pressures and sacks. On top of that a hell of a safety in Chinn going to the Senior Bowl. Lance will likely see the kind of pressure and fake coverages that could cause him some fits, and maybe an INT or two. He can’t stay INT-free forever and this game is perhaps a set up for a great learning experience for him.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We have to concentrate and prepare to win this game as we would tie the winningest record (or break it???) in all of FCS football history!!!
    Let's Go Bison!!!

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Cox is an eraser. He quietly cleans up messes. Watch his closing speed, it's game changing.
    Yes I like his play is Jasir in for this game too?
    Let's Go Bison!!!

That will be fun/interesting.

I once squared up on a RB who ended up in NFL. Had my form tackle at waist lined up ... I got hurdled and beat for 15 or so yard gain. . Youch. But my game eval by position coach for that play read like this: “He’s a good player, isn’t he”? Humbled.

Dang that's impressive. I haven't seen any Salukis at that level but Javon Williams plays and looks like an All-Blacks rugby player while Landon Lenoir is probably one of the best WRs in the MVFC. I have a hard time watching teams I don't care about, but these two have been fun so far this year when viewing SIU games.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Agreed, so do I! Mangey Egyptian dogs have a pretty good DL that are near the top in pressures and sacks. On top of that a hell of a safety in Chinn going to the Senior Bowl. Lance will likely see the kind of pressure and fake coverages that could cause him some fits, and maybe an INT or two. He can’t stay INT-free forever and this game is perhaps a set up for a great learning experience for him.
    This will be a good indicator game then, going forward. If we don’t see pressure or adversity, then we know a little more about this current team and players.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Dang that's impressive. I haven't seen any Salukis at that level but Javon Williams plays and looks like an All-Blacks rugby player while Landon Lenoir is probably one of the best WRs in the MVFC. I have a hard time watching teams I don't care about, but these two have been fun so far this year when viewing SIU games.
    Haven’t seen any SIU games yet, but thanks for input and info. Will be fun to watch Saturday.

Go Bison!

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking good Billy Ray!