Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

Can't forget about the two deep passes that were called for DPI and the TD pass to Ellefson. You can basically count the two DPIs as two more deep completions.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Can't forget about the two deep passes that were called for DPI and the TD pass to Ellefson. You can basically count the two DPIs as two more deep completions.
    I would have liked to see those two DPI throws go a bit farther toward the corner since they were thrown with the wind. That said I sure wouldn’t have wanted to try and throw a ball in those conditions.

The Ellefson TD was great but it was a little low (into the swirling wind though.)

Trey’s throw to Sproles in the middle down near the JMU 10 in the first quarter was masterful. The throw to Hunter Luepke out in the right flat in front of the JMU bench I think was all NFL. (BTW - has Hunter Luepke ever dropped a ball thrown to him during a game?)

The big question I have is on the final drive by JMU. Josh Hayes was flagged for DPI against Riley Rapleton at the three yard line. But was it really ? Indy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Well if I was a scout I wouldn't, as they weren't really that close
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    He is not the only one over there who came to the conclusion that Lance can't throw. You would think that it's not that hard to figure out with a 180.6 pass efficiency that there is something there for the Freshman. Oh yeah, 287 pass attempts, 28 touchdowns and how many interceptions?
    Most casual observers look at whether a pass is completed or not. They don’t really consider the actual circumstances, weather, receiver route, throw difficulty, etc.
    Last edited by HerdistheWord; 01-17-2020 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Well if I was a scout I wouldn't, as they weren't really that close
    I wouldn't count them as completions, but I also don't think you can say they weren't that close without considering the impact of the pass interference. I remember thinking on at least one of them if the defender hadn't interfered, it likely would have been a perfectly thrown ball. Can't remember which one though.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    The big question I have is on the final drive by JMU. Josh Hayes was flagged for DPI against Riley Rapleton at the three yard line. But was it really ? Indy?
    I think that is the one that to me just looked like good coverage of a big receiver, but upon review, it does look like he grabbed Riley's jersey for a moment. I'm not sure what the threshold is supposed to be for calling PI, but it didn't surprise me that it was called, even if it didn't seem that the grab really interfered with Riley's ability to make the catch.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I’m pretty convinced bulldogg drew his conclusion based on the natty game only and has seen no other tape of Trey. Trey wasn’t asked to throw very much in the natty and so it is easy to see how a less informed observer could come to that conclusion. I would argue there were in fact a couple of throws though even in the natty that belie a much greater talent. But the filter of a bitter loss is most likely preventing him from seeing that for now.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    the other detail that is overlooked is at least 2 of the 3 PI calls against JMU were very likely TD strikes (maybe, 3 of 3). The fouls stopped scores which is not necessarily bad defense in college but in the 2 cases I am citing, the defender was very clearly beaten and the ball was on the money for a catch.

Trey has one less challenger for next year’s Walter Payton Award as the Monmouth RB, Pete Guerriero, is leaving early for the draft.

I know it’s different for RBs leaving early, but when considering where he played and the teams he played against, I see this as a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Trey should transfer to nebraska, oklahoma, etc because he has already accomplished every thing he can at the fcs level as a freshman