Page 64 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Trey Lance Starting QB according to El Chapo...

We'll be the only team in all of the world to have a roster of 20 QBs. And will dominate!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Roehl deserves a ton of credit and so does Hedberg. I feel like the offense this year is our most dynamic we have had in the D1 era. However, Trey deserves a ton of credit as they are calling the plays he is executing the plays to perfection. His downfield accuracy is unreal and Wentz had no where near that accuracy. In fact, Wentz struggled with his downfield accuracy and I was one of the biggest Wentz rubes on this site and still am, but I can also be real.

Trey right now is executing the system better than any QB has at NDSU in the D1 era. Is he better than the previous QBs, that is hard to say as it is such a team game. I am not sure he is better than say Wentz, but he is way better than Stick was as a Freshman or Sophomore and probably even a Junior.
    Well I agree and believe Trey is easily the best first year qb I’ve seen here, I also agree with others that we have not seen him tested much. He typically has all day to throw. FCS flat stinks this year. Trey hasn’t faced anything like the UNI defense Easton played against in the playoffs and he won’t until we face a JMU type team. I doubt he cracks 150 passing against a D like that. Not that he will necessarily need to

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Well I agree and believe Trey is easily the best first year qb I’ve seen here, I also agree with others that we have not seen him tested much. He typically has all day to throw. FCS flat stinks this year. Trey hasn’t faced anything like the UNI defense Easton played against in the playoffs and he won’t until we face a JMU type team. I doubt he cracks 150 passing against a D like that. Not that he will necessarily need to
    Have you watched JMU this year? Defending the pass is far from their strongest aspect on defense.
    Hail the BISON!!!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Have you watched JMU this year? Defending the pass is far from their strongest aspect on defense.
    Haven’t watched them, heard they have a good pass rush. So what fcs team has a nasty d this year? Anyone?

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think SDSU was it. JMU's secondary has been lack luster. Solid DL though.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Haven’t watched them, heard they have a good pass rush. So what fcs team has a nasty d this year? Anyone?
    The real question is- are there any capital "G" Good teams this year at all?

My vote is no. it is POSSIBLE that JMU isnt a joke, but they havent played anyone in the current top 15 so we have no clue. their best win this year, was a loss to WVU- but dont worry- they BATTLED them in the trenches soooo
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Geez, if Lance gets to the NFL that's 3 QBs in a row, recruitment is going to be easy.
    actually outside of Trey Lance, we have had very subpar QB recruits.... sorry to say. I thought we'd be getting 3 star QB's for sure with the pedigree.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Yeah. Jimmy Moreland ain't coming through that door.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's a lot of good teams that will be in the FCS playoffs this year. How many will be on NDSU's level is a whole different question. Sure, NDSU could have a bad day and lose, but as I've alluded to before, the level of recruits NDSU is getting because of the chance to win Championships while getting a shot (or look) at the NFL is crazy and that's why many here are thinking the FCS has dropped in talent. I don't think the FCS has dropped much, if any, in regards to talent compared to the past and that the teams NDSU has had the past few seasons would dominant just about any FCS/1-AA playoff bracket.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    That could have something to do with it too I suppose. Not to drift this thread but the receiving core has really stepped up and has been pretty lights out this year. Sure maybe an odd dropped ball ever so often but over all they have been extremely solid. To add to that, it has been just one or two guys but the entire group as a whole as caught the ball really well and they are all YOUNG
    Looking at Trey's throwing highlights from the last game guys are wide open running everywhere! Haven't seen this much winning on the outside for ndsu um.... Ever??