Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance 2018 QB Commit*** over NIU, Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    So I went back and look at Easton Stick's numbers through 9 games last year when he finished runner up in the Payton award voting. This is what where he was at:

98-171 (57.3%) for 1554 yards (9.1 ypa), 14 TDs, 2 INTs on a 158.3 pass efficiency rating to go along with 69 carries for 388 yards (5.6 ypc) and 10 TDs rushing

Trey Lance through 9 games this year:

109-159 (68.6%) for 1479 yards (9.3 ypa), 19 TDs, 0 INTs on a 186.1 pass efficiency rating to go along with 88 carries for 624 yards (6.8 ypc) and 8 TDs rushing

He's having a nice year so far.
    Pretty insane to think he’s doing just as good if not better than Easton was last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

IMO
    Our Oline, our WR our TE and our QB are playing at a higher level than we played at last year. The only position on our offense that I would say was better last year were our running back’s

We are doing that with a New staff and a bunch of new starters. That’s impressive coaching.

What’s also impressive is Trey Lance as a freshman is out playing Easton Stick as a senior. He’s out played him by every metric that you measure quarterback.

Obviously a ton of credit goes to the players but What the coaches have done with a substantially younger team than we had last year is so impressive.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trey is playing at such a high level he is making things look easy like Brady in his prime. Yes he had a few down games with Missouri State and SDSU but they were hardly down games to normal people.

I will say I still think the OC is doing a tremendous job as there just appears to be open receivers everywhere. Shoot on some plays (without getting to see the all 22) I have noticed other guys running wide open when he has completed a pass to another player. Yes Roehl had a down game as well against SDSU, but oh well move on.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Trey is playing at such a high level he is making things look easy like Brady in his prime. Yes he had a few down games with Missouri State and SDSU but they were hardly down games to normal people.

I will say I still think the OC is doing a tremendous job as there just appears to be open receivers everywhere. Shoot on some plays (without getting to see the all 22) I have noticed other guys running wide open when he has completed a pass to another player. Yes Roehl had a down game as well against SDSU, but oh well move on.
    Some of that may have to do with defensive scheme as well. If I was a defensive coordinator vs. NDSU, I would load the box, sell out on the run and roll the dice on young QB beating me. Its not a good option, but probably the lesser of two evils. JMU did that to us a few years ago, and it worked.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

His Coach is not a bad guy to have retained either, glad he was happy to stick around. Randy is a stand up guy
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    What made Easton deadly was he'd cut and explode out of the cut.
    Um, Easton had elite cut speed and it wasn’t something many of us realize he had until he did the three-cone drill at the combine and killed it.

Yes, it would be nice to see Trey have that too, but different body type and different skill set.

Last edited by Christopher Moen; 11-04-2019 at 06:36 PM.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=Christopher Moen;1380314]Um, Easton had elite cut speed and it wasn’t something many of us didn’t realize he had until he did the three-cone drill at the combine and killed it.

He sure did: The best 3-cone time of Saturday went to ... @NDSUfootball QB Easton Stick, who beat out all of the WRs and TEs at 6.65 seconds, per http://NFL.com :

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Um, Easton had elite cut speed and it wasn’t something many of us didn’t realize he had until he did the three-cone drill at the combine and killed it.

Yes, it would be nice to see Trey have that too, but different body type and different skill set.

Stick was a tough runner too, but Trey straight up runs people over. I don't blame that YSU CB for not stepping out of the endzone. And to think he's only a redshirt freshman. That's what's been most surprising to me is just how tough Trey is to bring down.

Trey is way far ahead of his predecessors this stage of his career imho.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Stick was a tough runner too, but Trey straight up runs people over. I don't blame that YSU CB for not stepping out of the endzone. And to think he's only a redshirt freshman. That's what's been most surprising to me is just how tough Trey is to bring down.
    After seeing Trey shrug off Justus Reed (a future NFL player in my opinion) pretty much validates your point. After the game Justus comes up to Trey to shake hands and has a huge smile on his face. I can't say what he was thinking, but I could give a good guess.
    Hail the BISON!!!