Page 33 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

Default Re: Trey>Carson>Stick>Jensen Dont reply.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    It's the best the Grophers have.
    It is surely well earned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I certainly don’t disagree with this however while I have a strong believe in the wizardry and magical powers of Hedberg and Kramer I don’t believe they could have manufactured Trey with only one year of work. Hell we saw the natural gifts last year in the few series he played in mop up.

I can subscribe to the athlete vs QB recruiting difference but for me at least the contrast between Trey Lance and the kid Minnesota played on Thursday night is jarring. Yeah I know Minnesota played a better opponent. And yeah I know they have another kid who is really QB1 (I think that’s right isn’t it?). If a guy like me who knows almost nothing about football can see these differences how can peeps who are paid to distinguish talent miss it?

My guess why highly paid coaches don’t see the difference is that they’re really not watching/paying attention. Maybe instead of watching video on kids and especially testing their skills in camp, they are too focused on the stars/ratings system. This leads them to focus on kids that were men among boys and probably weren’t challenged enough to learn the game properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Start a trey Larson mega thread right now....
    But am kinda serious lol

ran into a prominent twin cities sports figure last night, he said dont print my name. but Gophers 1000% missed on Trey Lance and thier arrogance to overlook 2 star Minnesota kids that end up being stars at NDSU is very worrisome the last 10 years
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    ran into a prominent twin cities sports figure last night, he said dont print my name. but Gophers 1000% missed on Trey Lance and thier arrogance to overlook 2 star Minnesota kids that end up being stars at NDSU is very worrisome the last 10 years
    Be honest... You bumped into a mirror didn't you.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Be honest... You bumped into a mirror didn't you.
    Funny but likely Maxy is my guess. He seems to know what up in Fargo. The Rosen Hartman mafia still with a pretty firm grip down here though I think.

Don't believe everything you think.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I think it's safe to say this isn't or hasn't been a secret the last 10 years. Hence why it was so important for the boat to row through Minnesota country first.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Funny but likely Maxy is my guess. He seems to know what up in Fargo. The Rosen Hartman mafia still with a pretty firm grip down here though I think.

Yeah just a cheap joke. Don't doubt Chapo found a twin cities sports guy willing to admit NDSU has been eating the Gophers lunch for years now. Would take super human denial not to see that by now.

Have to think if Lance turns out as good as his potential looks and the Goofs don't show some dramatic improvement under Fleck, him being overlooked and ending up at NDSU is going to be the worst sting yet.

That was the most impressive starting debut I can remember... cripes, his passer rating was over 350. 17 yards per passing attempt and 23 ypc? Can't ask for any more than that.

Rooting for him to make the comparison with the other all-time Bison and FCS greats valid.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Where do you put Trey, on the Payton or Rice watch list? Both? Serious question.