Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    why would he stay 3 more years if he duplicates this year or even has a year with 30 tds and 5 int's??

and the 50/50 debate thing. I said there's a 99.9% chance he goes to the NFL next year than Transfer to a P5 school. (that doesnt mean he will goto nfl, but he defintely wont transfer out and lose a year)
    Because he's an FCS quarterback playing on a team whose accomplishments are unmatched in college football?

Teams are going to want as much tape and experience as possible. Leaving after his junior year would be a detriment. Leaving next year would be laughable. Anyone who understands the process is going to tell him the same.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trey has all the ability in the world but is still young. He’ll need to develop his skill set more and raise his football IQ. Again he is still very young. I don’t see him going anywhere after next year. If he continues to progress and stay healthy, I can see him declaring after is RsJr season, but only if he’s a lock for a first round pick. A lot can happen between spring ball and the end of next season (heaven for bid he gets bit with the injury bug). Personally I would like him to play against Colorado also just because it will be a blood bath.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I love Trey Lance as much as anyone... But I don't know how anyone could look at last Saturday's game and think, "Yep he is ready for Sundays!" Its the biggest game of the year, and he threw it 10 times. I am not saying he won't develop into an NFL prospect, but he is no where near getting drafted now.
    You are correct.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Trey Lance 2018 QB Commit*** over NIU, Air Force

it'll be his 3rd year next year, he can declare .... duh.

so feel free to bookmark this so next january when he leaves you all don't freak out.
    I'm willing to bet you a $1000 right now that he doesn't declare for the draft next January.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

why would he stay 3 more years if he duplicates this year or even has a year with 30 tds and 5 int's??

and the 50/50 debate thing. I said there's a 99.9% chance he goes to the NFL next year than Transfer to a P5 school. (that doesnt mean he will goto nfl, but he defintely wont transfer out and lose a year)
    I hear what you are saying. No to the P5. But, Not likely to the NFL either next year.....but more probable than a P5 transfer. I would buy that. In the end he will play at NDSU for his final year and then enter the draft because that will give him the best exposure and barring injury issues increase his value the most.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I love Trey Lance as much as anyone... But I don't know how anyone could look at last Saturday's game and think, "Yep he is ready for Sundays!" Its the biggest game of the year, and he threw it 10 times. I am not saying he won't develop into an NFL prospect, but he is no where near getting drafted now.
    In all honesty only about 15-20 NFL QBs are ready for NFL defenses on any given Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would think he is not fully ready for the nfl until he has really nailed down our playbook, reading defenses, making pre snap adjustments and really being able to pick a defense apart. Jensen and Stick took noticeable jumps passing and running the offense their senior years and Trey definitely isn’t there yet. The more time he spends with Hedberg in our offense the more nfl ready he will be. Most P5 offenses and coaching staffs don’t groom QBs as well as NDSU

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    In all honesty only about 15-20 NFL QBs are ready for NFL defenses on any given Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I wish the Vikings would find one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Trey has all the ability in the world but is still young. He’ll need to develop his skill set more and raise his football IQ. Again he is still very young. I don’t see him going anywhere after next year. If he continues to progress and stay healthy, I can see him declaring after is RsJr season, but only if he’s a lock for a first round pick. A lot can happen between spring ball and the end of next season (heaven for bid he gets bit with the injury bug). Personally I would like him to play against Colorado also just because it will be a blood bath.
    He isn't close to ready, He has the tools but he has a ways to go on recognition of down field receivers and of controlling the game from the line of scrimmage. He was awesome this year in the positions our staff put him in but they did a very good job of setting him up to succeed. It would be very interesting to see a breakdown of his chart on the numbers and what 9th of the field were his completions and where the in-completions were. He needs at least a few season to refine his craft. It is going to take a lot of hard work but at the next level you can't rely on superior athletic ability alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    He isn't close to ready, He has the tools but he has a ways to go on recognition of down field receivers and of controlling the game from the line of scrimmage. He was awesome this year in the positions our staff put him in but they did a very good job of setting him up to succeed. It would be very interesting to see a breakdown of his chart on the numbers and what 9th of the field were his completions and where the in-completions were. He needs at least a few season to refine his craft. It is going to take a lot of hard work but at the next level you can't rely on superior athletic ability alone.
    ^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He missed a few wide open looks. Yes, they were not the primary reads, but they were the correct reads.....heck Hedberg even said as much on Izzo's show. Compare that to Easton last year who often got further into his progressions. He has all the ability; he just needs more experience/coaching.