Page 62 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Trey Lance Starting QB according to El Chapo...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think those were RPOs. They went no huddle on both of those little swing passes to Cole Jacob. You couldn't tell on the first one since KVLY has to show replays instead of the actual next play but on the 2nd one you can see the O-line is run blocking. So I'd guess that was a read by Lance and the corner giving Jacob a 8-10 yard cushion is why he made the call to throw it.
    Wouldn't that be a presnap decision?

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

Not trying to argue. I just have never seen a rfr qb do these kind of things. You're right it helps to have an awesome o line and top notch coaches as well.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Of course it is.

Look, I'm not saying Lance is a Neanderthal back there. I'm saying he's asked to do a lot less pre-snap than Wentz or Stick were asked to do but it's a really unfair comparison for him since he's still a freshman. Stick wasn't asked to do that stuff in 2015 either but by 2017 and 2018 he was. My whole point is why anoint him as a 1st round NFL draft pick in 1-3 years when he's still developing the mental aspect of his game which was a huge part of the package that made Wentz and Stick the prospects that they were?

Say what you will, Trey Lance is the 5th ranked QB in his draft class right now.

http://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile....DraftYear=2023

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Of course it is.

Look, I'm not saying Lance is a Neanderthal back there. I'm saying he's asked to do a lot less pre-snap than Wentz or Stick were asked to do but it's a really unfair comparison for him since he's still a freshman. Stick wasn't asked to do that stuff in 2015 either but by 2017 and 2018 he was. My whole point is why anoint him as a 1st round NFL draft pick in 1-3 years when he's still developing the mental aspect of his game which was a huge part of the package that made Wentz and Stick the prospects that they were?
    Much left to be proven, but he's a smart kid with good grades and whether or not the game planning is limiting what is required of him, getting to this point in his first season without a pick is a promising sign of his ability to read coverages.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I can see where one would be confused and maybe I'm wrong but are you sure they aren't just listing his jersey number as in (Number: 5)?

It does show above that in yellow: Trey Lance, DS #7 QB, North Dakota State. Does that mean he's #7 as of now?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Say what you will, Trey Lance is the 5th ranked QB in his draft class. He is accomplishing this without RJ or Darrius Shepard.

http://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile....DraftYear=2023
    Does this take into account that he might leave after next year? (purple, kinda)
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I don't think so. I think
    Rpo is when the qb makes a decision after the snap to hand off or throw based on what his key does(usually the DE)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I can see where one would be confused and maybe I'm wrong but are you sure they aren't just listing his jersey number as in (Number: 5)?

It does show above that in yellow: Trey Lance, DS #7 QB, North Dakota State. Does that mean he's #7 as of now?
    You are correct.

http://www.draftscout.com/players.ph...XPos&order=ASC

How much credit can we give Roehl for his play calling to minimize Trey's risk of throwing interceptions?