Page 60 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Trey Lance Starting QB according to El Chapo...

Yes, he's amazing and I am so glad he's ours. However, I will wait to annoint him with the GOAT title until I see how he deals with a few doses of consistent distress. Protection has been too good to know for most of his time.
    Insert something clever here...

Wow some of you need to slow your roll. You got him as the #1 overall pick as a junior already?

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He has the best line in the country and a calendar year to throw most of the time. Maybe slow down

He also has a long way to go to reach Stick/Wentz levels of field vision and pre-snap reads. Lance is supremely talented but a lot of his success can also be attributed to a fantastic coaching job by Roehl and Hedberg allowing Lance to use his physical ability without being held back by the mental part of the game.

The flip side of this is he can still get a whole lot better once he starts picking up those mental aspects of the QB position better. That's exciting for us Bison fans and has to be terrifying for other FCS fans. But I'll wait until that happens before I put him in same class with Wentz or Stick as pro prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    He also has a long way to go to reach Stick/Wentz levels of field vision and pre-snap reads. Lance is supremely talented but a lot of his success can also be attributed to a fantastic coaching job by Roehl and Hedberg allowing Lance to use his physical ability without being held back by the mental part of the game.

The flip side of this is he can still get a whole lot better once he starts picking up those mental aspects of the QB position better. That's exciting for us Bison fans and has to be terrifying for other FCS fans. But I'll wait until that happens before I put him in same class with Wentz or Stick as pro prospects.
    I agree with this. If there is an unknown with Lance's abilities, it's how he performs under pressure. He hasn't been put in the situation yet where he needs to lead a comeback on his arm and force some throws to keep drives going. I'm optimistic he'll have that ability, but it's yet to be proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

He still reads just half the field. Hes missed a bunch of opportunities.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    He also tends to put a lot of air under his deep balls sometimes, where Wentz was criticized for not enough air.

But this isn't a complaint, just trying to play the devils's advocate. He's something special.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    He also tends to put a lot of air under his deep balls sometimes, where Wentz was criticized for not enough air.

But this isn't a complaint, just trying to play the devils's advocate. He's something special.
    Oh yeah. When he can start seeing the whole field watch out.

For a freshman he doing pretty good.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Yep, he's benefitted from great play design and some very gifted WRs and TEs torching their defenders. Just think how good he'll be after a year or two when he's seeing the whole field and reading defenses better???

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post

Well I recall a throw about mid season where he ripped a missile at Watson I think who was slanting through the middle. It didn’t knock Christian down but it might have burned his hands a little. I think Trey received some feedback after that to put a little more air under the long balls. He seems to have done so since and, well, the results are what they are.

Anybody remember what game that was? It wa in the Fargodome for sure.
    Don't believe everything you think.