Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Has anyone heard if fbs teams are looking at trey as a transfer? Someone I work with had mentioned he heard Oklahoma was going to go after him but I haven’t seen anything myself? Personally with Wentz going 2 overall I don’t see much of a benefit and way more risk to do that. Just curious if there was any truth to that rumor
    There is zero reason or upside for Trey to transfer to an FBS school. If he stays here and improves some of his passing attributes (protections, progressions, accuracy, consistency) he will be a top draft pick.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    There is zero reason or upside for Trey to transfer to an FBS school. If he stays here and improves some of his passing attributes (protections, progressions, accuracy, consistency) he will be a top draft pick.
    All the pro scouts already know who he is. Plus, we play a pro offense.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Wyoming was '09 i think?
    '08 my wife was pregnant with my son he was born in December '08.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Has anyone heard if fbs teams are looking at trey as a transfer? Someone I work with had mentioned he heard Oklahoma was going to go after him but I haven’t seen anything myself? Personally with Wentz going 2 overall I don’t see much of a benefit and way more risk to do that. Just curious if there was any truth to that rumor
    It's a NCAA violation for any school to contact or recruit a player at another school if that player hasn't entered the transfer portal. I'm sure there are ways to bend those rules but I'd highly doubt these kind of rumors have any basis since if schools are going to blatantly break recruiting rules they aren't going to be broadcasting it to people with loose lips.

Also, unless it's a grad transfer, which obviously wouldn't happen this offseason, he'd have to sit out a year to transfer to an FBS school which would burn a year of eligibility for him.

Default Re: Trey Lance 2018 QB Commit*** over NIU, Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Shit, I just noticed this thread was started by El Chapo. Does this kid now have the kiss of death? How does he compare to Jose Mohler?
    Nailed it... LOL

I'll say this right now: theres a 99.9% better chance of him leaving after next year to NFL than any transfer whatsoever
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Nailed it... LOL

I'll say this right now: theres a 99.9% better chance of him leaving after next year to NFL than any transfer whatsoever
    I don't know all the rules, but I'm pretty sure he'd have to stay through his Junior year to go to the NFL so I'm thinking as normal there's no way that this has any chance of being true.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I don't know all the rules, but I'm pretty sure he'd have to stay through his Junior year to go to the NFL so I'm thinking as normal there's no way that this has any chance of being true.
    SSHHHHH....He's on a roll. Think the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It's a NCAA violation for any school to contact or recruit a player at another school if that player hasn't entered the transfer portal. I'm sure there are ways to bend those rules but I'd highly doubt these kind of rumors have any basis since if schools are going to blatantly break recruiting rules they aren't going to be broadcasting it to people with loose lips.

Also, unless it's a grad transfer, which obviously wouldn't happen this offseason, he'd have to sit out a year to transfer to an FBS school which would burn a year of eligibility for him.
    I thought that to be highly unlikely as well, just wondering if anyone else had heard anything. You can actually end up in the transfer portal and not lose a year of eligibility if there is a reason for your transfer. Look at Justin fields at Ohio state. It has kind of made it like free agency which I don’t know is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    He can actually go after his sophomore year since he red shirted. Only have to be out of high school 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Nailed it... LOL

A 99.9% better chance of zero is still zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!