Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Trey Lance Starting QB according to El Chapo...

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    Not just yards Trey is lacking. He also has way less interceptions, fumbles and team losses...
    Don't forget way less letters in his name! Why go with a 9 if you can pick an 11 or 12??

Isn’t Haley like in charge of the Stats poll or something? I seem to remember B-Mac mentioning this at some point.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    I've been trying to keep my eye out for Payton votes to see if Lance has a realistic shot to win (he SHOULD).

Here is Craig Haley
    https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...on-awards-2019

1. Kevin Thomson, QB, Sacramento State
    2. Daniel Smith, QB, Villanova
    3. Chris Rowland, WR/RS, Tennessee State
    4. Kenji Bahar, QB, Monmouth
    5. Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State

Puke. Try and make a case for any of them over Lance. OH but look how many yards! He counts their playoff games in their cumulative stats, but I'm sure he won't count all of Lance's potential games, since his ballot is cast.

If this is the status quo, looks like Trey will be punished for lack of yards, despite having the TDs and the insane efficiency. Seems expected.
    Quantity over Quality. They may have the numbers, but Trey Lance has the efficiency, wins vs losses, and interceptions.

"Oh, your school doesn't play the air-raid style of offense, well that's a dock there"....

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    yeah he gets offended QUICKLY. 1 strike and you're out, instantly starts throwing out personal insults. Bmac on the other hand dishes it out- never gets personal and always seems to have fun, by all accounts a good dood
    BMac called me a robot once. If it wouldn't fry my circuits I might have just cried.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Good to see!
    I like BMac's take on Robinson at ISUr being #2. He has carried that team offensively into the playoffs and past the first round. That is impressive.

With Lance also consider that his entire WR corps came into the season with hardly any receptions from the previous year. To be as efficient as he's been with that green of WR's is remarkable.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    His whole ballot is kind of absurd.
    I agree. Looks like he follows the whole QB’s on mediocre to good teams get more votes..just because...

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The individual accolades coming Trey's way have as much to say about his talent as it does about our excellent recruiting in recent years. We're certainly getting higher quality recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I agree. Looks like he follows the whole QB’s on mediocre to good teams get more votes..just because...
    That anyone from U Dayton is "better" than Derrick Tuszka is bullshit. Put him in the Pioneer league and he'd have 100 sacks.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think there is a big reason revealed in Haley’s article why Tre won’t win. It has never gone to a Freshman.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    That anyone from U Dayton is "better" than Derrick Tuszka is bullshit. Put him in the Pioneer league and he'd have 100 sacks.
    Is that against a double team? Because i'm sure after the first few games of the season teams would realize they need to double team him to stop the Sack Machine.

If they didn't double team Tuszka, you are probably correct that he gets 100 sacks in a season.