Page 63 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Trey Lance Starting QB according to El Chapo...

That could have something to do with it too I suppose. Not to drift this thread but the receiving core has really stepped up and has been pretty lights out this year. Sure maybe an odd dropped ball ever so often but over all they have been extremely solid. To add to that, it has been just one or two guys but the entire group as a whole as caught the ball really well and they are all YOUNG
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Does this take into account that he might leave after next year? (purple, kinda)
    I think he knows it is in his best interest to stay and develop other areas of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Oops you are right.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Roehl deserves a ton of credit and so does Hedberg. I feel like the offense this year is our most dynamic we have had in the D1 era. However, Trey deserves a ton of credit as they are calling the plays he is executing the plays to perfection. His downfield accuracy is unreal and Wentz had no where near that accuracy. In fact, Wentz struggled with his downfield accuracy and I was one of the biggest Wentz rubes on this site and still am, but I can also be real.

Trey right now is executing the system better than any QB has at NDSU in the D1 era. Is he better than the previous QBs, that is hard to say as it is such a team game. I am not sure he is better than say Wentz, but he is way better than Stick was as a Freshman or Sophomore and probably even a Junior.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I don't think so. I think
    Rpo is when the qb makes a decision after the snap to hand off or throw based on what his key does(usually the DE)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Seeing the defender is ten yards off the ball is not a presnap read? I do understand what a run pass option is. Some of these plays have pass route options in them.
    Member the week before when sproles went one way and Trey through another. That was an in play read with a mistake. And I don't know that it was just those hurry up plays. I thought I heard on the drive home radio listen that two different routes the receivers ran last Saturday were Lance and the receivers reading the defense.

Lardsin must go!

Another "at this point last year" comparison between Lance and Stick

Stick through 11 games in 2018: 129-216 (59.7%) for 2094 yards (9.7 YPA), 22 TDs, and 4 INTs on a 171.06 passing efficiency rating to go along with 76 carries for 402 yards (5.3 YPC) and 11 TDs

Lance through 11 games in 2019: 138-196 (70.4%) for 2041 yards (10.4 YPA), 23 TDs, and 0 INTs on a 196.6 passing efficiency rating to go along with 96 carries for 685 yards (7.1 YPC) and 9 TDs

Keep in mind that Stick finished 2nd in the Payton award voting last year and they voted on that prior to the playoffs which means they were voting on those 11 game numbers above that Stick put up last year.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Roehl deserves a ton of credit and so does Hedberg. I feel like the offense this year is our most dynamic we have had in the D1 era. However, Trey deserves a ton of credit as they are calling the plays he is executing the plays to perfection. His downfield accuracy is unreal and Wentz had no where near that accuracy. In fact, Wentz struggled with his downfield accuracy and I was one of the biggest Wentz rubes on this site and still am, but I can also be real.

Trey right now is executing the system better than any QB has at NDSU in the D1 era. Is he better than the previous QBs, that is hard to say as it is such a team game. I am not sure he is better than say Wentz, but he is way better than Stick was as a Freshman or Sophomore and probably even a Junior.
    Trey had a 2-3 game stretch where he was struggling with downfield accuracy. He “baby-armed” at least one throw and then started overthrowing quite a few others. Still, his accuracy has been much better than expected. He is the FCS version of Mahomes right now (in the sense that his play is just unreal right now). I’d love to see his development continue. If it does, he is an NFL talent for certain.

Geez, if Lance gets to the NFL that's 3 QBs in a row, recruitment is going to be easy.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Geez, if Lance gets to the NFL that's 3 QBs in a row, recruitment is going to be easy.
    "Other teams" will just tell recruits that NDSU's offense is all ground and pound and they don't throw the ball.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    "Other teams" will just tell recruits that NDSU's offense is all ground and pound and they don't throw the ball.
    And then Entz shows the Bison defense qb kill highlight reel and we end up with 15 qb recruits a year. Some end up playing defense for us.

Lardsin must go!