Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

You'll always see that edge nonsense when there are a lot of voters. They see that there's going to be an overwhelming winner and throw their votes to someone else to be contrarian.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    You'll always see that edge nonsense when there are a lot of voters. They see that there's going to be an overwhelming winner and throw their votes to someone else to be contrarian.
    That and there's still a few of the "All NDSU QBs have to do is hand off" loonies out there.

Still, that's an overwhelming margin he has over the next guy... and it's a well deserved honor. He's only going to get better too!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Congrats to Trey!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Awesome.......now go out and win the ultimate team award for this year!

Are the votes public to see who voted for who?

I think this is true about anything that involves sports. For example, until Mariano Rivera this past year, no MLB player got voted in unanimously into the HOF (he did it on his first ballot too). That's just crazy nonsense to me. You are either a HOF'er or not.
    Last edited by Christopher Moen; 12-11-2019 at 06:35 PM.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I think this is true about anything that involves sports. For example, until Mariano Rivera this past year, no MLB player gotten voted in unanimously into the HOF (he did it on his first ballot too). That's just crazy nonsense to me. You are either a HOF'er or not.
    I've been bitching about that for years.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sounds like something you would do....
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    [/B]
    Sounds like something you would do....
    You're not wrong.

I actually thought my "bitching about it for years" comment was a perfect setup.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by AKCBOXERZ View Post
    Are the votes public to see who voted for who?
    Not unless the voters want them to be and post their ballots themselves. I've already seen a few out there publicly. Craig Haley (STATS) voted Thomson from Sac St 1st and Trey Lance 5th. Jamie Williams (College Sports Journal) also voted Thomson 1st and didn't have Lance in his top 5. I didn't hear their top 5 but I've heard that Brian McLaughlin and Sam Herder (HERO Sports) both voted Lance 1st but I would assume they had Thomson quite high also.

The main hurdle to Lance winning it IMO is the fact that some voters like the College Sports Journal guy won't have him in their top 5 because he's a freshman or because he plays for the most dominant program in the subdivision (he claimed the latter as his reasoning for omitting Lance in the article he wrote about his ballot) so it'll take 3 or 4 other voters to offset that one voter because no one is going to have a guy like Thomson any lower than 3rd or so. That's why I'm convinced that Thomson will win it.