Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

He won't be here for Colorado. Arizona in 2022 his senior year. Colorado in 2024.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

#1 thing great quarterbacks do, protect the ball. Turnovers are killers in games, every team out there wants to win the turnover battle. Trey played very conservatively in the pass game. By design? Maybe. As he matures he'll become more familiar with our passing attack. We've got a beast on our hands for the next three years. Damnit, it's good to be a Bison. That rfreshman put the ball on the ground twice, this year? He's much closer to NFL ready than people give him credit for. Check that pass to Phoenix over the middle in the first quarter(iirc). On the move, to the left, in a tight window, down and away where only Phoenix could catch it. That was a rifle shot. Easton never made throws like that, he was a fifth rounder.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    He isn't close to ready, He has the tools but he has a ways to go on recognition of down field receivers and of controlling the game from the line of scrimmage. He was awesome this year in the positions our staff put him in but they did a very good job of setting him up to succeed. It would be very interesting to see a breakdown of his chart on the numbers and what 9th of the field were his completions and where the in-completions were. He needs at least a few season to refine his craft. It is going to take a lot of hard work but at the next level you can't rely on superior athletic ability alone.
    Precisely what I was saying. Too young and needs to develop his skills a bit before NFL is an option.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

He throws a great ball. Can't deny that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Precisely what I was saying. Too young and needs to develop his skills a bit before NFL is an option.
    And there isn't a better place to develop them.

Lardsin must go!

Funny some people question if he can make the nfl. It’s a joke the guy from jmu says he’s no where close cause he can’t throw. He has made some great throws and has great touch on the ball. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is a top 5 pick in a couples years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Funny some people question if he can make the nfl. It’s a joke the guy from jmu says he’s no where close cause he can’t throw. He has made some great throws and has great touch on the ball. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is a top 5 pick in a couples years.
    I’m pretty convinced bulldogg drew his conclusion based on the natty game only and has seen no other tape of Trey. Trey wasn’t asked to throw very much in the natty and so it is easy to see how a less informed observer could come to that conclusion. I would argue there were in fact a couple of throws though even in the natty that belie a much greater talent. But the filter of a bitter loss is most likely preventing him from seeing that for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    He won't be here for Colorado. Arizona in 2022 his senior year. Colorado in 2024.
    Shit that’s right. I keep forgetting that!!!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I’m pretty convinced bulldogg drew his conclusion based on the natty game only and has seen no other tape of Trey. Trey wasn’t asked to throw very much in the natty and so it is easy to see how a less informed observer could come to that conclusion. I would argue there were in fact a couple of throws though even in the natty that belie a much greater talent. But the filter of a bitter loss is most likely preventing him from seeing that for now.

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . This is a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post

He is not the only one over there who came to the conclusion that Lance can't throw. You would think that it's not that hard to figure out with a 180.6 pass efficiency that there is something there for the Freshman. Oh yeah, 287 pass attempts, 28 touchdowns and how many interceptions?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix