Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
I don't see him staying. Another year or two like this one and he could go just about anywhere he wanted. While Minnesota is certainly big enough to pay him a lot more, I'm not convinced they would, and I don't think he has any connections to the area.

Maybe if he gets the 3rd tier of TCF built, Minnesota would be a more attractive job.
I think he sticks around at least for next year. The buy-out is a hurdle (that won't stop anyone that REALLY wants him) that is significantly lower after next year. Also, I know it seems a bit funny to say but there aren't a ton of jobs out there better than minny.

ACC
Clemson - Dabo ain't going anywhere
Virginia Tech - I think they will give Justin Fuente more time as he hasn't been bad and Frank Beamer was there for 18 years
Florida State - Just hired Mike Norvell
Miami - I could see the timing of this lining up, not sure how likely though

Big 12
Baylor - there is a lot of interest in Matt Rhule so there could be an opening. I'd put this on par maybe slightly better than the minny job
Oklahoma State - Mike Gundy has been there awhile, so maybe?
TCU - same as OSU with Gary Patterson
Texas - Tom Herman isn't going anywhere for awhile
Oklahoma - I don't think they'd go for PJ if Lincoln Riley goes to the NFL

Pac 12
Oregon - nope
Washington - nope
Stanford - something would have to go upside down in a hurry to get rid of David Shaw
USC - I don't think Clay Helton is the issue, but I guess that doesn't always matter. Outside possibility?
UCLA - possibility

SEC
Tennessee - Possibly
Georgia - Kirby Smart isn't going anywhere
LSU - Nope
Auburn - Auburn does some really funny things so while it is highly unlikely, you never know?
Florida - Dan Mullen has been pretty good, don't see timelines lining up
Texas A&M - PJ ain't taking over for Jimbo
Arkansas - Just hired Sam Pittman
Ole Miss - Lane Mania baby!
South Carolina - Not sure if PJ would be interested or not but possibly?

Big Ten
Michigan - I see this as THE step up
Ohio State - Nope
Nebraska - If Frost doesn't improve next season I could see this, but would they want to pay another coach who isn't coaching for them
Penn State - Franklin seems safe
Michigan State - Does Dantoni continue to slip? Does MSU want to buy him out?
Wisconsin - Nope
Iowa - probably a lateral move

Notre Dame - The other real step up I could see, not sure if they would embrace his coaching style though