Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat McAfee

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Pat McAfee

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Was thinking about this. Wondering if they’ll continue to do the headgear bit with him or someone else after Corso goes...
    I was thinking about that too. I think they’ll do some unique thing for the pick but leave the headgear deal with Corso. Kind of a fun way to end the show, the way they’ve done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    I'd guess he'll have his own shtick...kind of like headgear, but not what Corso does. Acknowledge Corso, not copy.
    Agree. Something to pay homage to Lee, but not totally rip him off either.

He should paint his chest with team colors or mascot something and the big reveal is him taking his shirt off.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He was a nut when he played for the Colts. Early in his career he was arrested for trying to get into a woman's car. He was naked because he had been swimming in a nearby canal (a body of water no sober person would ever consider entering).

After he retired he toyed with a stand-up career and by all accounts was pretty good. He then joined Barstool Sports but had a falling out with them. He's also done some WWE announcing.

He loves attention but uses it in good ways as well. He made an appearance on behalf of a HOSA group at our high school.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think his over the top personality is more suited to the---yell at each other---over the top---sports show genre.

I enjoy the current format of each person telling his reasons for his opinion with alot of injected humor. There doesnt need to be the fake --OH MY GOD WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY????? Drama. Game Day doesnt need it and its better suited to WWE etc etc.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I think his over the top personality is more suited to the---yell at each other---over the top---sports show genre.

I enjoy the current format of each person telling his reasons for his opinion with alot of injected humor. There doesnt need to be the fake --OH MY GOD WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY????? Drama. Game Day doesnt need it and its better suited to WWE etc etc.
    I don't see him as a Stephen A Smith type at all. I subscribe to a lot of his content online. Big personality yes, fake outrage and argument for arguement sake no.

Also he is a great story teller with awesome timing and plenty of self deprecating humor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    I don't see him as a Stephen A Smith type at all. I subscribe to a lot of his content online. Big personality yes, fake outrage and argument for arguement sake no.

Also he is a great story teller with awesome timing and plenty of self deprecating humor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    You’re only saying that cause you’re a STOOOOOGE and a SELLAHT!

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

Yeah I don’t think that’s his shtick, but he does give off a certain vibe so maybe he’s not the right fit.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Great story told by McAfee...bit of swearing so headphones at work..

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would expect David Pollack to step in and take Corso’s spot...he’s been with the program for 10 years and more so fits the personalities of the guys at the table. McAfee then gets Pollack’s role of contributor. That way they can have him do all his shenanigans without tilting the classiness of the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Former NDSU intramural athlete.