Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. South Dakota

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. South Dakota

7 different players had TDs.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    What specifically didn't you like about that play(involving Zach Johnson's penalty)?

PI after the play penalty. Needless. Lack of discipline which is a continuing problem that costs the team. It sets a bad example for the younger players - 'hey, Zack can play undisciplined without the coach pulling him aside... so it must be okay for everyone to play that way.... no consequences from the coach.

Is there something you liked about Zack's 15 yard PI penalty?
    Last edited by VirginiaBison; 11-17-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    What specifically didn't you like about that play(involving Zach Johnson's penalty)?
    Exactly. Big boy blocking 15 + yards downfield till the echo of the whistle... Oh well.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Exactly. Big boy blocking 15 + yards downfield till the echo of the whistle... Oh well.
    Even after the foul he continued to block pretty late throwing guys around the pile. Gotta know when to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    PI after the play penalty. Needless. Lack of discipline which is a continuing problem that costs the team. It sets a bad example for the younger players - 'hey, Zack can play undisciplined without the coach pulling him aside... so it must be okay for everyone to play that way.... no consequences from the coach.

Is there something you liked about Zack's 15 yard PI penalty?
    How do you know there isn't discipline dished out in practice? Time and place for the discipline imo. Middle of game seems counter intuitive to me. He can talk to him when he gets back on sideline but the big discipline would happen in practice don't ya think?

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

I would think it gets addressed in practice. I'm guessing coach is not a scene maker on the sidelines.

The thing about the penalties so far is they have not really cost us. I have a real concern that there may come a crucial point in a game where that may change.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    The thing about the penalties so far is they have not really cost us. I have a real concern that there may come a crucial point in a game where that may change.
    Penalties gave USD a TD. Can't have that during the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    I would think it gets addressed in practice. I'm guessing coach is not a scene maker on the sidelines.

The message does not seem to be getting through.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Coach talked about "looking at the tape" I think he is suspect of the officiating too.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯