Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 2.0

Default Re: Bracketology 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    It would be interesting if a team with a losing record could get to frisco. Be quite a story
    I would imagine that it would nearly impossible for them to have a losing record by the time they get to Frisco.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I would imagine that it would nearly impossible for them to have a losing record by the time they get to Frisco.
    You know what I mean. Going in losing then winning out to the championship.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Looking ahead if SDSU beats UNI and Montana beats Weber it is going to be an ugly mess to sort out. Wouldn't take much for four loss teams to enter the seeding picture.
    And then MSU beats Montana. haha.

A few playoff potential games this weekend

Citadel Chatty
    MSU Davis
    UNI SDSU for seeding
    Furman Wofford
    Albany UNH
    SEMO, UND, Towson, SHSU, Peay, SELA along with a few more need to win. Kennesaw needs an impressive win

Seedings definitely got shaken up this week....

The Field:
    SDSU at UND vs 1. NDSU
    Can't see the committee sending the Jackrabbits to an Independent in the first round. Jacks should have a home game irregardless of seeding, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by primespareribs View Post
    Can't see the committee sending the Jackrabbits to an Independent in the first round. Jacks should have a home game irregardless of seeding, don't you think?
    It's all based on bids to determine the host school unless you're seeded. With the way SDSU has drawn in the past in the playoffs it's not too outlandish to think a playoff starved UND outbids them.

Seedings definitely got shaken up this week....

Autobids:
    Big Sky: Weber State
    Big South: Monmouth
    CAA: JMU
    MVFC: NDSU
    NEC: CCSU
    OVC: Austin Peay
    Patriot: Lafayette
    PFL: USD
    SoCon: Furman
    SLC: SELA

At-Large: UNI, Sac State, Illinois State, Montana, UCA, Villanova, SEMO, The Citadel, SDSU, Towson, UNH, UND, Montana State, SIU

The Field:
    SDSU at UND vs 1. NDSU
    SELA at The Citadel vs 8. Furman

SEMO at UCA vs 4. UNI
    CCSU at UNH vs 5. Sac State

USD at Montana State vs 3.Weber State
    Austin Peay at SIU vs 6. ISUR

Lafayette at Villanova vs 7. Montana
    Monmouth at Towson vs 2. JMU

Last Team In: SIU
    Last Team Out: Kennesaw State
    Next Three Out: Wofford, Albany, UTM
    So do you think Wofford will be that close at 6-5 or do you think The Citadel will be that comfortably in at 7-5? One of those two teams has to finish with 5 losses unless Wofford beats Furman (which I'd assume by Furman having the 8 seed you're projecting them to beat Wofford). I think if The Citadel gets in at 7-5 it'll be just by the hair of their chinny-chin-chins. They'd be the first 5 loss at-large team ever that's not in the MVFC but they do have strong wins against Furman and Georgia Tech to bolster their case. However, if they're sitting at 7-5 and they make it in over a 7-4 Wofford team that just beat them at home in week 13 that'll cause some shockwaves. But if you're projecting The Citadel at 8-4 I don't think a 6-5 Wofford team should be anywhere near the bubble.

I think The Citadel-Wofford will be a play-in type situation....Same for Albany-UNH. I felt like I needed to mention those teams in some fashion.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    You know what I mean. Going in losing then winning out to the championship.
    Yeah i gotchya. So take Lafayette for example: If they win out, the finish the conference 5-1, tied with Holy Cross, and they beat HC so they would win the conference based on head to head. So they would finish 5-7 overall and be in the first round of the playoffs. If by some crazy turn of events, they get to Frisco, they would have to win 4 games which would put them at 9-7 when their name and record flashes on the screen on ABC at 11am in January. I would imagine that would raise some eyebrows for those who are less aware of FCS playoffs. Quite the story, for sure.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I think The Citadel-Wofford will be a play-in type situation....Same for Albany-UNH. I felt like I needed to mention those teams in some fashion.
    Makes sense. Didn't notice the Albany/UNH scenario that would be the same (one has to have 5 losses).

I think SHSU will end up very close if not in. Massey gives them an 82% chance to finish 8-4 (with a D2 win) which would, at worst, tie them for the SLC title at 7-2 in conference. The autobid is a total mess right now with 4 teams tied for first at 5-2 but SELA and Nicholls play each other in week 13 which most likely knocks one of them out of autobid and playoff contention IMO. If SELA and SHSU both win out the autobid tie breaker, since they don't play each other in the regular season, basically comes down to who finishes highest between UCA and McNeese where if UCA finishes higher SELA gets the auto and if McNeese finishes higher SHSU gets the auto. But if SHSU doesn't get the auto they'll most likely be a 8-4 (7-2) SLC co-champ with wins over Nicholls, McNeese, Incarnate Word, and ACU (who all will finish in the top 7 of that conference). It would be pretty tough to leave them out IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It's all based on bids to determine the host school unless you're seeded. With the way SDSU has drawn in the past in the playoffs it's not too outlandish to think a playoff starved UND outbids them.
    It certainly isn't, and that's truly a shame for SDSU. Their attendance is all determined by the ambient temperature. If the temp is greater than 35 degrees (with no wind), they draw well; < 30 degrees and its a mausoleum (wind or no wind). Heck, the fans on the bunny board are realizing the SDSU brass should have built an indoor facility.