Page 198 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 981481881961971981992002082482986981198 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Hence it needing to be completely enclosed like it’s original plans. With the price tag when built at $278mill I’m not sure what that would be now a days and closing all the gaps to elements. Would $325 mill be ballpark? Idk

After looking, the project started in 2014 so not that long ago.
    Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not enclosing a football stadium in this day and age would be idiotic and put us in the SDSU league of poor planning..
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

An outdoor stadium in Fargo would be a disaster. Late season games would never sell out. We have also been spoiled with a huge number of home games due to the number 1 or 2 seed for the play-off for the past years which gives us almost always 2 or 3 additional home games. These would be gone with a move up.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Or on second thought, let’s keep it open then some more season tickets would come available and most people would be happy. Immediately followed by closing it off so I’m nice and comfy!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Or on second thought, let’s keep it open then some more season tickets would come available and most people would be happy. Immediately followed by closing it off so I’m nice and comfy!
    Not sure if anyone has been to a game at Allianz Field in St Paul but the safe standing or wonderwall section on the south “end zone” is an incredible fan experience. Basically 2900 people put into what feels like half a standard football end zone. Anyway after seeing that setup it seems like the Fargodome footprint to get to +25k isn’t really the problem but the 1990 layout with a small concourse.

If the city is going to put a $50m type renovation plan couldn’t they just blowout the west concourse to develop a more traditional bowl on that side and go double wonderwall safe standing in the lower end zones. Need to make the expansion of the concourse big enough to hold the excess headcount. But it doesn’t seem like the foot print is the issue

https://youtu.be/ruewWHPZS8Q

http://m.startribune.com/standing-on...ers/508466872/

Also add beer to the safe standing sections.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Build it open first with a fundraising effort to enclose it in the future? Might work. A few cold outdoor seasons might entice me to donate a bit more.
    More than likely, it would entice fans to stay home, and have less than 3000 fans for mid December football.

Look at the people filling seats now. There will be far fewer kids and people over 50 when the temp drops below 45 degrees.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Look at the people filling seats now. There will be far fewer kids and people over 50 when the temp drops below 45 degrees.
    I can't believe people who have enjoyed the comforts of the FFD for so many years (especially in November and December) would even advocate an outdoor facility. Those folks make me wonder if they're not brain frost bit Packer fans.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I can't believe people who have enjoyed the comforts of the FFD for so many years (especially in November and December) would even advocate an outdoor facility. Those folks make me wonder if they're not brain frost bit Packer fans.
    I think most avocating for an outdoor stadium are Viking fans.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I think most avocating for an outdoor stadium are Viking fans.
    Most BV'ers are way too young to remember Metropolitan Stadium. Those of us who are old enough aren't singing this hymn.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    More than likely, it would entice fans to stay home, and have less than 3000 fans for mid December football.
    Would there be any December football in Fargo if the Bison move up?
    Don't believe everything you think.