Page 216 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1161662062142152162172182262663167161216 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Alot more now that I am home with kids, but even after NDSU games, downtown fargo, the bars have ESPN and ESPN 2 games on and we watched them.

would you watch NAIA if NDSU was in it? that's about the same question youre asking. we would all elevate our football viewing to FBS when NDSU moves up.

the momentum is happening, so you might as well get on board.
    So you're impressed with that Toledo vs Miami (OH) action on Wednesday night? Looks like 2,200 in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    So you're impressed with that Toledo vs Miami (OH) action on Wednesday night? Looks like 2,200 in attendance.
    on ESPN and not ESPN 2 before Dec 14th. Plus we ARENT TALKING ABOUT THE MAC. this is the AAC thread!!

Group of 5 > fcs all day ever day.

the naysayers, just love to move the goalposts on EVERY conversation. (talking about AAC, they bring up Macation on wed night).. (talking about football only, they bring up basketball/olympic sports)

your flailing around with your fingers in your ears going na na na na can't hear you is embarassing.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    on ESPN and not ESPN 2 before Dec 14th. Plus we ARENT TALKING ABOUT THE MAC. this is the AAC thread!!

Group of 5 > fcs all day ever day.
    Nobody watches that except half drunks at a bar where ESPN2/U is on regardless. Whether its MACtion or bowling.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Nobody watches that except half drunks at a bar where ESPN2/U is on regardless. Whether its MACtion or bowling.
    I'd say fully drunk. hahaha.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Too bad the other teams in the MVFC have not been able to pick up the pace and compete with NDSU. When we came into that conference we had to grow up and get up to speed. Since then the other teams have drifted down hill except for SDSU primarily. It has created a quandry for the Bison now on "what to do".

Big 12 is too much of jump given the size of our stadium, would they even take us in? MAC is not as competitive as what we want IMO. MWC is a lot more travel costs and then you have Boise St. and WYO then... good?

How about a new FBS conference creation with NDSU, SDSU, UND, USD, UNI, N. Ill., and lets see.... one or two more.... Toledo and ???
    Would the NCAA support this? How about sponsors and TV contracts? Not a chance I suppose...
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Too bad the other teams in the MVFC have not been able to pick up the pace and compete with NDSU. When we came into that conference we had to grow up and get up to speed. Since then the other teams have drifted down hill except for SDSU primarily. It has created a quandry for the Bison now on "what to do".

Big 12 is too much of jump given the size of our stadium, would they even take us in? MAC is not as competitive as what we want IMO. MWC is a lot more travel costs and then you have Boise St. and WYO then... good?

How about a new FBS conference creation with NDSU, SDSU, UND, USD, UNI, N. Ill., and lets see.... one or two more.... Toledo and ???
    Would the NCAA support this? How about sponsors and TV contracts? Not a chance I suppose...
    Solid post, with real-life thought and positions.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Can't move up a whole conference.

I still don't know why a talk of a new stadium hasn't be bantied about more .

On Campus, Owned by NDSU, All Revenue goes to NDSU.
    4 Corporations, $50 million each (over 25 years ) They each get their own corner concourse of the stadium for marketing
    NDSU raises $75 million.

$275 Million 42,000 seat Semi Enclosed 2 deck stadium keeps the wind out. NDSU can sell beer there, Have Concerts, NDSU Departments could utilize it.

NDSU engineering/architecture students could be apart of it. It would give you a valid reason to raise Student Fee's.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I always thought of the MAC as a possible stepping stone. Get in there and dominate from day one for 4 years, get some more rep with the P5 games that we win, maybe get ranked a couple times and hope that only then the Big XII is an actual option. From there I’ve got nothing. Otherwise I guess I can just watch the games and drink like normal. Maybe one of you a holes wins the lottery and decides to donate a couple million for the cause and help boost the prestige of the academics at NDSU.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Cross Posted... but lets discuss:

I still don't know why a talk of a new stadium hasn't be bantied about more .

On Campus, Owned by NDSU, All Revenue goes to NDSU.
    4 Corporations, $50 million each (over 25 years ) They each get their own corner concourse of the stadium for marketing
    NDSU raises $75 million.

$275 Million 42,000 seat Semi Enclosed 2 deck stadium keeps the wind out. NDSU can sell beer there, Have Concerts, NDSU Departments could utilize it.

NDSU engineering/architecture students could be apart of it. It would give you a valid reason to raise Student Fee's.

I believe starting a new FBS conference would be our only real chance, and it would take some schools getting together to create a proposal for the new conference. Maybe get some additional years to meet attendance, scholarship, etc. requirements. I would suggest adding the best of the Big Sky schools, Montana, Montana State and others too. Just not right that schools in the northern tier can never move up due to lack of nearby FBS conferences. I suggested this before, but did not hear much for comments either way.