Page 215 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1151652052132142152162172252653157151215 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    I'm talking specifically about the product on the football field. It isn't rocket science. I'm also talking specifically the play on the field. FCS right now, especially in comparison to NDSU, is not good football. These teams NDSU are playing, some of these teams even "allegedly" top 10 FCS teams, are sloppy, unorganized, undisciplined, poorly coached, and just not flat out good enough to make plays against NDSU. To a football purists, it's bad football to watch. NDSU forces them to play like that a lot of the times, but that's my point exactly, the quality of FCS is just really poor football.
    I just lol at “purists” references.

That said, can I correctly assume you and Lakes and other complainers and FBS peeps will put your money where your mouths are? You know, like donate $5K right now—as in tonight? I just received yet another email from Matt Larsen asking me to contribute even more. I can forward it to you if you want. Let me know. I’m sure he/NDSU don’t discriminate where $$ come from.

And the lack of alleged competition is our fault? How was the blowout game against SDSU?

I don’t feel as tho the FCS is any different than FBS, DII, DIII (otherwise known as Lakes’s ceiling of athleticism), NAIA, etc. in terms of who can win it all and the have-nots. It’s fairly systemic on all levels really.

And, as for football “purists”: I watched two ND State Champ games last weekend and enjoyed the hell out of the games, but I’m not a self-proclaimed “purist”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I just lol at “purists” references.

That said, can I correctly assume you and Lakes and other complainers and FBS peeps will put your money where your mouths are? You know, like donate $5K right now—as in tonight? I just received yet another email from Matt Larsen asking me to contribute even more. I can forward it to you if you want. Let me know. I’m sure he/NDSU don’t discriminate where $$ come from.

And the lack of alleged competition is our fault? How was the blowout game against SDSU?

I don’t feel as tho the FCS is any different than FBS, DII, DIII (otherwise known as Lakes’s ceiling of athleticism), NAIA, etc. in terms of who can win it all and the have-nots. It’s fairly systemic on all levels really.

And, as for football “purists”: I watched two ND State Champ games last weekend and enjoyed the hell out of the games, but I’m not a self-proclaimed “purist”.

Fact is every level and every conference have their upper half and bottom half. Moving will just be a change of geography and new teams to talk about.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    I'm talking specifically about the product on the football field. It isn't rocket science. I'm also talking specifically the play on the field. FCS right now, especially in comparison to NDSU, is not good football. These teams NDSU are playing, some of these teams even "allegedly" top 10 FCS teams, are sloppy, unorganized, undisciplined, poorly coached, and just not flat out good enough to make plays against NDSU. To a football purists, it's bad football to watch. NDSU forces them to play like that a lot of the times, but that's my point exactly, the quality of FCS is just really poor football.
    I'm assuming you're glued to the Eastern Michigan/Northern Illinois and Ohio/Bowling Green games that are on ESPN2 and ESPNU now then?

As a "purist" you must see a different game than I do because I don't see those games as any high caliber football than MVFC football.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm assuming you're glued to the Eastern Michigan/Northern Illinois and Ohio/Bowling Green games that are on ESPN2 and ESPNU now then?

As a "purist" you must see a different game than I do because I don't see those games as any high caliber football than MVFC football.
    I love watching these games because I love football. But Im not seeing anything thats heads and shoulders above our play.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Default NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

Nailed it. If we are gonna actually look for better and sustained competition, we would have to involve ourselves, somehow, in an established FBS conference, which would take huge $$.

Meanwhile, most of the FBS proponents here are discussing the quality of food at local food establishments that cost $$ that they choose to spend at those rather than donate to NDSU athletics.

See where I’m going?

If not, think—>It’s all about “Me”!!

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

ill make it so simple that even Cassidy and his Class 1A mind can understand.

Power 5
    Group of 5
    FCS
    D2
    D3

NDSU is in the 3rd Tier. I was told over and over again by Gene Taylor Dean and Stony Brook AD in the media that "NDSU will always want to remain in the 2nd division of football"

WELLL... WE'RE WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!

in the AAC, UCF was ranked #5 2 years ago, SMU #15 this year Memphis #22 Houston was Top 10 couple years ago. NDSU can be like them. Heck Appy St is ranked in top 25

and NDSU's 2 systems at Kansas St and Wyoming have been ranked in top 25 this year.

WE BELONG!!! play that song in your head.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

Power 5
    Group of 5
    FCS
    D2
    D3

NDSU is in the 3rd Tier. I was told over and over again by Gene Taylor Dean and Stony Brook AD in the media that "NDSU will always want to remain in the 2nd division of football"

WELLL... WE'RE WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How much G5 football do you actually watch?

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    How much G5 football do you actually watch?
    Alot more now that I am home with kids, but even after NDSU games, downtown fargo, the bars have ESPN and ESPN 2 games on and we watched them.

would you watch NAIA if NDSU was in it? that's about the same question youre asking. we would all elevate our football viewing to FBS when NDSU moves up.

the momentum is happening, so you might as well get on board.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

1) Power 5
    2) FCS - Group of 5 (aka college football purgatory)
    3) D2
    4) D3

NDSU is in the 2nd Tier. I was told over and over again by Gene Taylor Dean and Stony Brook AD in the media that "NDSU will always want to remain in the 2nd division of football"

WELLL... WE'RE AT WHERE WE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE AT!!!!!!!!!!!!

in the AAC, UCF was ranked #5 2 years ago, SMU #15 this year Memphis #22 Houston was Top 10 couple years ago. NDSU can be like them. Heck Appy St is ranked in top 25

and NDSU's 2 systems at Kansas St and Wyoming have been ranked in top 25 this year.

WE BELONG!!! play that song in your head.
    Fixed your post for accuracy.
    Hail the BISON!!!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Haha I could only watch a couple of seconds but that did fit pretty well.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS