Page 202 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1021521922002012022032042122523027021202 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I agree. I'm more using it as an example of how fan base is getting a little bored with the lack of competition. For the non hardcore fans, you spend 50 a ticket for a game that's over by halftime and then fight your way through traffic. It's like rooting for the Harlem Globetrotters at times.

That's a hell of an accomplishment but the vibe seems to be "I've seen this movie already. "
    And those same fans wouldn't get bored playing Houston and eastern Carolina? Im sorry the g5 does nothing for me.

Now we start playing Kansas state, Oklahoma, and Texas every year you've got my attention.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by primespareribs View Post
    If the P5 would just break off already, then the G5 could have its own playoff system, utilize the lower bowls as playoff games, and have a National Championship. I'd now maybe be in favor of moving up, but do the Great West thing and form your own conference. Take NDSU, SDSU, UNI, Griz, 'Cats, and one more team (grab an indy or another MVFC/Fluffy school). Fight your way up to either national relevance as a conference or get enough attention for an invite elsewhere. Follow the pattern that got you here...

Get Midco, Altitude, or Root on board with the new conference and negotiate exclusive TV/streaming rights.

The MVFC is only going to get more crowded with UND, and will Augie and/or St. Thomas want in eventually? This will really water down the Valley, and will either have to be split into east and west, north and south, or two conferences.
    the G5 breakup has been talked on here for 10 years. even NDSU admin have mentioned it

ITS NEVER HAPPENING!!! THOSE SCHOOLA DONT WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED W PUD FCS SCHOOLS....AND NDSU SHOULDNT EITHER
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    And those same fans wouldn't get bored playing Houston and eastern Carolina? Im sorry the g5 does nothing for me.

Now we start playing Kansas state, Oklahoma, and Texas every year you've got my attention.
    Agreed. Personally, I go to Bison games to watch NDSU not the opponent. I get more excited for good opponents but that's always going to be relative. I think 4-7 New Mexico St would garner about the same amount of excitement in the fan base as a 4-7 South Dakota.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Agreed. Personally, I go to Bison games to watch NDSU not the opponent. I get more excited for good opponents but that's always going to be relative. I think 4-7 New Mexico St would garner about the same amount of excitement in the fan base as a 4-7 South Dakota.
    this is just not true. The 4-7 New Mexico team would be VASTLY superior to the USD team. The outcome might still be a W for the Bison but the game would sure be a lot more interesting.

I used to be anti-FBS but i have now switched.

The way i see it, in the FBS the regular season matters and so does the scores of those games. Right now we have 3-4 games annually (including the Frisco game) that we could potentially care about. In the FBS, since you are playing for bowl positioning they all matter.

I will always support the Bison but to be honest I didn't even watch more than 5 minutes of this weekends game (and that was just to see Snorty on the helmets). That didn't use to be the case. While others may "die" to be in our shoes we have broken the FCS and it is now stagnant.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    this is just not true. The 4-7 New Mexico team would be VASTLY superior to the USD team. The outcome might still be a W for the Bison but the game would sure be a lot more interesting.

I used to be anti-FBS but i have now switched.

The way i see it, in the FBS the regular season matters and so does the scores of those games. Right now we have 3-4 games annually (including the Frisco game) that we could potentially care about. In the FBS, since you are playing for bowl positioning they all matter.

I will always support the Bison but to be honest I didn't even watch more than 5 minutes of this weekends game (and that was just to see Snorty on the helmets). That didn't use to be the case. While others may "die" to be in our shoes we have broken the FCS and it is now stagnant.
    I'm not saying they're not a better team... I'm saying fans wouldn't get any more excited for New Mexico St if the Bison were in the Sun Belt than they would for South Dakota with the Bison being in the MVFC.

You and I are wired differently in that regard. I love watching my team blow out the opponent. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Bison offense completely outclass USD's defense in every aspect of the game when they both were out there.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just wait till my prediction of this team going undefeated in the 2019 season comes to fruition with another National Championship. That will mean that we have gone 2 full seasons without a loss against FCS competition and over 2 1/4 calendar years without a loss to FCS competition and will be riding a 37 game win streak with this particular team that's supposedly on what was described as our rebuilding year.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post

I would rather watch Houston than Induana State, Western Illinois, and Misery State. Plus when you are FBS, Big 12 schools will actually schedule you. AAC has produced some great players. Road trips in front of 2000 at Indiana State or mediocre road games at Tulane or Tulsa with only 10-15k

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Just wait till my prediction of this team going undefeated in the 2019 season comes to fruition with another National Championship. That will mean that we have gone 2 full seasons without a loss against FCS competition and over 2 1/4 calendar years without a loss to FCS competition and will be riding a 37 game win streak with this particular team that's supposedly on what was described as our rebuilding year.
    And in that regard, things are only going to get tougher for the rest of FCS. This is a very young team, and maybe partially why we are seeing so many penalties. If ever there was a year for NDSU to slow a step, this was it. Fast forward to 11-0 and what is easily the best offensive unit NDSU has ever fielded. What do the next 3 seasons bring? Maybe a loss to Oregon next September, but that will be the most competitive game we play in. Honestly I expect the scores to be much more lopsided next year, if that can be even fathomed. As frustrated as sdsu and uni fans are with us, this is only the beginning because it really makes no difference how good their teams are.

Still no response on how we payed for the D1 move and why moving to FBS would be so much different (it’s not). When president Chapman was around he provided the leadership, vision, and motivation. We didn’t have a conference (literally nobody wanted us), we didn’t have any idea how to pay for the move up (Gene Taylor worked his ass off), people constantly saying how it is better to be a big fish in a small pond, etc, so no way we would compete for a national title, etc.

If that sounds familiar that is because it is. Hearing same comments today about FBS.

those comments aged well

All I’m asking is keep having the conversations, and maybe there will be an opportunity for NDSU to be opportunistic in the future like we were in 2002. That day isn’t today, but trying to slam the door shut on the idea or tear down certain posters every time it comes up isn’t a productive strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    And in that regard, things are only going to get tougher for the rest of FCS. This is a very young team, and maybe partially why we are seeing so many penalties. If ever there was a year for NDSU to slow a step, this was it. Fast forward to 11-0 and what is easily the best offensive unit NDSU has ever fielded. What do the next 3 seasons bring? Maybe a loss to Oregon next September, but that will be the most competitive game we play in. Honestly I expect the scores to be much more lopsided next year, if that can be even fathomed. As frustrated as sdsu and uni fans are with us, this is only the beginning because it really makes no difference how good their teams are.

Still no response on how we payed for the D1 move and why moving to FBS would be so much different (it’s not). When president Chapman was around he provided the leadership, vision, and motivation. We didn’t have a conference (literally nobody wanted us), we didn’t have any idea how to pay for the move up (Gene Taylor worked his ass off), people constantly saying how it is better to be a big fish in a small pond, etc, so no way we would compete for a national title, etc.

If that sounds familiar that is because it is. Hearing same comments today about FBS.

those comments aged well

All I’m asking is keep having the conversations, and maybe there will be an opportunity for NDSU to be opportunistic in the future like we were in 2002. That day isn’t today, but trying to slam the door shut on the idea or tear down certain posters every time it comes up isn’t a productive strategy.
    I think the bolded is very true. The problem is Matt Larsen has no reason to go out and tell everyone that "yeah, I've told the Mountain West and the MAC to give us a call if they're ever looking to add in the future" so we don't know whether these conversations are or aren't happening because they don't happen on record.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think the bolded is very true. The problem is Matt Larsen has no reason to go out and tell everyone that "yeah, I've told the Mountain West and the MAC to give us a call if they're ever looking to add in the future" so we don't know whether these conversations are or aren't happening because they don't happen on record.
    You are right about ML. No way that they make those conversations public. That being said, I think that a lot could be done to do a feasibility study. This wouldn't require a move but would at least put to bed most of the assumptions about the costs and barriers to a move. No way that we would make a move without one so might as well get it out of the way so that should the time come we have something that we can use to help prepare for the move.