Page 201 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1011511911992002012022032112513017011201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    oh so only need 1/5th population whoa.
    Make it happen El Senor. Make it happen. Regular season has become a pre season and Conference has become regular season for us.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Look at the people filling seats now. There will be far fewer kids and people over 50 when the temp drops below 45 degrees.
    This...I am a big proponent of a move up, however let's be honest. 33.3% of the dome is filled with kids, grandparents and non sports fans who go simply because it is a cool place to see friends and be seen. By the way, I thinks that's great and it is a direct result of the magic that only football has on alumni. It is an event that draws one back to campus in order celebrate relationships in a place you love. With that said, none of those folks are showing up when it's below 40 degrees outside with freezing rain, let alone Fargo winter temps, to watch the Bison host Wyoming. Any future FBS move hast to be centered around a dome. For the record, If we could find a way to squeeze in 25,000 to the Dome via an end zone expansion along with the suites as has been bantered about on here then that would do 90% of what we would need. Ya ya, we can't expand the dome etc...BS. The crumb counters on here will complain that the return on investment isn't there. Again, I call BS. The return might not be there in terms of the seats paying for themselves but what is the cost of losing long term alumni engagement? What's the cost in letting the football program whither away like it did in DII because we let things get stagnant. I am in the Ag business and attend a lot of contuing education classes out of state usually put on by Iowa State, Minnesota, and occasionally K State. I swear to you, since the move to DI coupled with the success of football, NDSU research has shed a lot of it's Little brother monicker that we dealt with for years. I know that it's not supposed to matter to academic types and others in the industry however I assure you it does as perception is reality. A successful athletic program makes everyone associated with NDSU look better.

Finally, to prove my point...There are quite a few posters on here that were very involved with NDSU as students that gradually lost touch with the school. What brought them back around was DI sports, particularly football. Is there another generation that is slowly losing touch right now as well as FCS champs and Frisco are becoming old hat? Your damn right there is. Again, most of the folks on here are the die hards and would follow the Bison in the NAIA so dont throw that at me. Our run of Natty's will end and someday we will be just another above average football program again. It happens to even the best in the P5. When that happens we will lose all the national media coverage we have so thoroughly enjoyed. The only way to retain national media coverage is to play FBS ball.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    This...I am a big proponent of a move up, however let's be honest. 33.3% of the dome is filled with kids, grandparents and non sports fans who go simply because it is a cool place to see friends and be seen. By the way, I thinks that's great and it is a direct result of the magic that only football has on alumni. It is an event that draws one back to campus in order celebrate relationships in a place you love. With that said, none of those folks are showing up when it's below 40 degrees outside with freezing rain, let alone Fargo winter temps, to watch the Bison host Wyoming. Any future FBS move hast to be centered around a dome. For the record, If we could find a way to squeeze in 25,000 to the Dome via an end zone expansion along with the suites as has been bantered about on here then that would do 90% of what we would need. Ya ya, we can't expand the dome etc...BS. The crumb counters on here will complain that the return on investment isn't there. Again, I call BS. The return might not be there in terms of the seats paying for themselves but what is the cost of losing long term alumni engagement? What's the cost in letting the football program whither away like it did in DII because we let things get stagnant. I am in the Ag business and attend a lot of contuing education classes out of state usually put on by Iowa State, Minnesota, and occasionally K State. I swear to you, since the move to DI coupled with the success of football, NDSU research has shed a lot of it's Little brother monicker that we dealt with for years. I know that it's not supposed to matter to academic types and others in the industry however I assure you it does as perception is reality. A successful athletic program makes everyone associated with NDSU look better.

Finally, to prove my point...There are quite a few posters on here that were very involved with NDSU as students that gradually lost touch with the school. What brought them back around was DI sports, particularly football. Is there another generation that is slowly losing touch right now as well as FCS champs and Frisco are becoming old hat? Your damn right there is. Again, most of the folks on here are the die hards and would follow the Bison in the NAIA so dont throw that at me. Our run of Natty's will end and someday we will be just another above average football program again. It happens to even the best in the P5. When that happens we will lose all the national media coverage we have so thoroughly enjoyed. The only way to retain national media coverage is to play FBS ball.
    We peaked 4 years ago and haven't been able to maintain

The fans are bored with the regular season since there are only a couple tough games. The atmosphere is 25% what it used to be. Its not loud like it used to be and if it is it's for like a few drives. Tailgating is solid but dead compared to what it used to be. We used to sell out every ticket including standing room. Now there are 1000 left on a day when its 40 degrees late season. Even the Gameday presentation has gotten boring. Same shit. Its become very expensive for the same routine

Even the playoffs are losing its luster because 2nd round game is against some pud team like San Diego which has a 1% chance of winning. Then the next 2 games are good..
    Either Frisco or the Semi is the true Championship game.
    It's sad since the team works their ass off but the gap between the only 4 contenders is growing. No longer is there a Georgia Southern or Appalachian State. Its SDSU and JMU. Maybe 1 other team like Montana could win

But when there is a great game, the fans are into it.

The shape the FCS is in... well always be good. Maybe not a National Championship every year, but deep playoff runs. We have a Gameday experience that even at its worst, is pretty amazing to recruits. We have tradition and mystique to recruits. We are fully funded. We do full cost of attendance and pay coaches well enough to retain them or attract quality replacements. Our facilities are the best and will get better with the IPF. Geographically we are the same. Our media exposure, TV and radio, is the best in the FCS.

The only thing that could derail us is a few terrible years where we see season tickets drop which would hurt revenue. One of the negatives is we depend on private money. But that's also a motivator to do well. But as long as we keep systems in place, we will be a top 10 team, just like Division 2. Weve had 3 losing seasons since 1964. Unless they cut scholarships.

I feel like weve milked FCS for all its worth and fans are starting to catch on

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

The fans are bored with the regular season since there are only a couple tough games. The atmosphere is 25% what it used to be. Its not loud like it used to be and if it is it's for like a few drives. Tailgating is solid but dead compared to what it used to be. We used to sell out every ticket including standing room. Now there are 1000 left on a day when its 40 degrees late season. Even the Gameday presentation has gotten boring. Same shit. Its become very expensive for the same routine

Even the playoffs are losing its luster because 2nd round game is against some pud team like San Diego which has a 1% chance of winning. Then the next 2 games are good..
    It's sad since the team works their ass off but the gap between the only 4 contenders is growing. No longer is there a Georgia Southern or Appalachian State. Its SDSU and JMU. Maybe 1 other team like Montana could win

The shape the FCS is in... well always be good. Maybe not a National Championship every year, but deep playoff runs. We have a Gameday experience that even at its worst, is pretty amazing to recruits. We have tradition and mystique to recruits. We are fully funded. We do full cost of attendance and pay coaches well enough to retain them or attract quality replacements. Our facilities are the best and will get better with the IPF. Geographically we are the same. Our media exposure, TV and radio, is the best in the FCS.

The only thing that could derail us is a few terrible years where we see season tickets drop which would hurt revenue. One of the negatives is we depend on private money. But that's also a motivator to do well. But as long as we keep systems in place, we will be a top 10 team, just like Division 2. Weve had 3 losing seasons since 1964. Unless they cut scholarships.

People are nine years older. Thats 6 different classes that have come and graduated. Plus everyone else for the most part has matured over that time and the crazy shit is a thing of the past except for a select few. And they are the ones always bitching. So thats one thing that hasnt changed.

Be careful for what you wish for. There are many who would die to have these supposed issues. Remember---its only a problem if you want it to be.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

If there's 1000 open seats, how come there are 2000 people on season ticket waiting list? Sell those single game tickets as season tickets and I think we've solved this issue/problem.... The hell with single game tickets; make them all season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    What else is there to talk about? go read the last 3-4 game week threads.. we dont even think about these other teams anymore.. It used to at least seem like these other teams had talent or impact players we discussed.. now its just how does ESPN plus work-kvly sucks- wentz WRs suck...

These other teams have given up too- go read their forums even the worst of them dont talk smack or even think their team can win.... We all bitch about the g5 has no chance at a title... well how do you think the rest of the FCS fan base feels? you think they got a shot at a title?
    You could, you know, enjoy the greatest run of sustained excellence ever seen at this level of college football.

If you really need something to bitch about go watch the men's basketball team on offense for a while. They'll give you plenty of ammo there.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post

I think the point of the cost of expanding the dome for NDSU you're almost better off building a new dome for the kind of money it takes to significantly expand Fargodome.

If Montana and Montana State can get back to prominence again as seems like since we killed MSU in 2010 neither one of them has done much. Would help a little bit as they're both teams we've heard about forever so fanbase would be energized at least for that and they have the history and such to take NDSU down if they can put together a decent team.

Heck Montana did just slightly less than us in 2000s than we did in 2010s. With tougher competition according to all ya.

But the elephant in the room is what conference do we go to? All we've heard is some sportswriters putting us in the conversation just to fill words in their article... Nothing on this is a good fit for NDSU other than we have a good football team so we will compete right away.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

To me the frustrating part is that other fcs teams aren’t rising to the level NDSU is at. There are some exceptions but even within our conference it feels like to some extent teams have given up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    People are nine years older. Thats 6 different classes that have come and graduated. Plus everyone else for the most part has matured over that time and the crazy shit is a thing of the past except for a select few. And they are the ones always bitching. So thats one thing that hasnt changed.

Be careful for what you wish for. There are many who would die to have these supposed issues. Remember---its only a problem if you want it to be.
    I agree. I'm more using it as an example of how fan base is getting a little bored with the lack of competition. For the non hardcore fans, you spend 50 a ticket for a game that's over by halftime and then fight your way through traffic. It's like rooting for the Harlem Globetrotters at times.

That's a hell of an accomplishment but the vibe seems to be "I've seen this movie already. "

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

If the P5 would just break off already, then the G5 could have its own playoff system, utilize the lower bowls as playoff games, and have a National Championship. I'd now maybe be in favor of moving up, but do the Great West thing and form your own conference. Take NDSU, SDSU, UNI, Griz, 'Cats, and one more team (grab an indy or another MVFC/Fluffy school). Fight your way up to either national relevance as a conference or get enough attention for an invite elsewhere. Follow the pattern that got you here...

Get Midco, Altitude, or Root on board with the new conference and negotiate exclusive TV/streaming rights.

The MVFC is only going to get more crowded with UND, and will Augie and/or St. Thomas want in eventually? This will really water down the Valley, and will either have to be split into east and west, north and south, or two conferences.