Page 199 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 991491891971981992002012092492996991199 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Most BV'ers are way too young to remember Metropolitan Stadium. Those of us who are old enough aren't singing this hymn.
    Been there. Cleavland championship game 1969????? Plus Ive done my share at Lambeau. The Dome has spoiled me.

ps I also like the AC at the very beginning of the season.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Would there be any December football in Fargo if the Bison move up?
    FBS teams have a 12 game schedule; so they certainly are playing the last week of November (which is close enough for me). If there's a conference championship game involved......yes, they are playing in December. Anytime in December has the potential to be damn cold.

No way in hell we get an outdoor stadium.

Coldstone creamery would launch a scorched Earth campaign to stop it.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Don't have to play in December to have Temps in the 20s and 40 mph wind gust. Shoot that was weeks ago already.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Don't have to play in December to have Temps in the 20s and 40 mph wind gust. Shoot that was weeks ago already.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    And it's happened before. The Blizzard bowl of 1986 was played with three more regular season games to follow. I still remember my friend's dad telling us we were crazy for going when I showed up to their house. Then he tossed the keys to the Suburban and said "don't drive your mom's car to the game."

It's OK to not be OK.

a semi enclosed stadium stops 90% of the wind for the fans and with coils in the grass/turf and heaters all over. itll be cozy as hell into November.
    FBS last home games are Nov 17 and 24th
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    a semi enclosed stadium stops 90% of the wind for the fans and with coils in the grass/turf and heaters all over. itll be cozy as hell into November.
    Screw you and your outdoor stadium

Couldn't we just stick $150 million in the dome and make it work? Still a big chunk of money but people are making this harder than it needs to be and this is absolutely something the school should be looking at. The dome is starting to show its age anyway.....SF, Omaha and Mpls have facilities that destroy it. The city also needs to invest in it.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    And it's happened before. The Blizzard bowl of 1986 was played with three more regular season games to follow. I still remember my friend's dad telling us we were crazy for going when I showed up to their house. Then he tossed the keys to the Suburban and said "don't drive your mom's car to the game."

I still can't believe I stayed for that entire game. It was fun but it was sure cold and I don't think I'd want to do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Greenbay has had a heated field for years and it hasnt done squat to make the stadium warmer. There is nothing cozy about an open air stadium in the winter.
    So you can quit beating that dead horse.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."