Page 224 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1241742142222232242252262342743247241224 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

I’m not against moving up but in the grand scheme of things I don’t see it as that big of a benefit. The fact one G5 is in a New Years bowls just shows that G5 is P5’s bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    more like a 1 game playoff then a soccer field at 11am in the cold. Orlando, Tampa, Alabama seems warmer

AAC
    American Athletic Bowl Ties, Affiliations

Highest-ranked champion from the AAC, C-USA, MAC, MW & Sun Belt will play in a New Year’s Six bowl.

The American Athletic Conference doesn’t have a true pecking order. The bowl matchups are based on best possible games and geography.

- NEW YEARS DAY BOWL vs P5
    – Armed Forces Bowl (TX) vs. Big 12
    – Birmingham Bowl (AL) vs. SEC
    – Cheribundi Tart Cherry Bowl (detroit) vs. Conference USA
    – Cure Bowl (orlando) vs. Sun Belt
    – Frisco Bowl vs. At-Large
    – Gasparillia Bowl (tampa) vs. Conference USA
    – Military Bowl (DC) vs. ACC

"in the cold"...…….. you, obviously, weren't in Frisco last January.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I didn't grow up with a connection to NDSU. No family members who were alums. Grew up in eastern SD. Moved to the twin cities after graduation. Without the move to D1 and the success and atmosphere that was created because of it I wouldn't have been drawn back into the program. This run has been great. It has allowed me to reconnect with friends. It has allowed me to introduce my kids to the campus and school.

The atmosphere in the Fargodome and the buzz around the program has definitely taken a step back over the past few seasons. That in no way is a vote for an FBS move. But I do think that the Athletic Department and the University Leadership need to find ways that infuse new energy into the program and make gamedays an event that people want to attend.

The current atmosphere, or lack thereof, is not going to draw similar people in and continue to sustain and grow the passionate fanbase that we are known for. Status quo is not sufficient. In my humble opinion, the frustrations come from really no publicly stated plan or even consistent evidence of changes attempting to infuse new energy into the gameday experience. I believe Target Field was an attempt but what's next?

Lakes may not be on everyone here's christmas card mailing list but his message has some validity to it. He isn't capable of using nuance to articulate his point which turns some off but he isn't wrong.

Anyone watch MACtion last night? I did. Did you take a look at the crowd?

The 'fatigue' that you all like to talk about is a NATION-WIDE phenomenon. It’s not just the Fargo Dome. In fact, I’d say the FD is pretty damn full compared to some of these venues, FCS or G5 or even P5 (talking about Pitt game last week).

It has to do with QLED TVs, less disposable income, the desire to party at home in your living room, a better view of the game, the ability to watch FB naked, whatever ...

So why do you all feel so compelled to make it a Bison problem when it’s much bigger than that?

Frisco is packed compared to most of these bowl games. And now it’s on ABC. These are just facts.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    more like a 1 game playoff then a soccer field at 11am in the cold. Orlando, Tampa, Alabama seems warmer

AAC
    American Athletic Bowl Ties, Affiliations

Highest-ranked champion from the AAC, C-USA, MAC, MW & Sun Belt will play in a New Year’s Six bowl.

The American Athletic Conference doesn’t have a true pecking order. The bowl matchups are based on best possible games and geography.

- NEW YEARS DAY BOWL vs P5
    – Armed Forces Bowl (TX) vs. Big 12
    – Birmingham Bowl (AL) vs. SEC
    – Cheribundi Tart Cherry Bowl (detroit) vs. Conference USA
    – Cure Bowl (orlando) vs. Sun Belt
    – Frisco Bowl vs. At-Large
    – Gasparillia Bowl (tampa) vs. Conference USA
    – Military Bowl (DC) vs. ACC
    So you are saying that we could play essentially a meaningless regular season in hopes of going to a meaningless bowl game against a Conf-USA opponent in.....Detroit? Why didn't you mention this sooner!!!!!!!!!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'll list this years Exciting Events.

1) The youth of the 2019 football team.
    2) The new coaching staff for the 2019 football team.
    3) Butler Game at Target Field.
    4) The prospect of the regular MVFC gauntlet.
    5) All green Code Green football game.
    6) Dakota Marker game and being part (albeit a smaller part) of College Game Day for a third time.
    7) Realizing that we can and probably will go undefeated for the 2019 season.
    8) Snorty (senior day).
    9) Yellow on White on Yellow with Snorty.
    10) What will the playoffs be like is probably the next event. For gods sake I hope that actual football discussion will take front stage again. My worry is that it won't because there are an awful lot of bad teams coming into this years playoff picture. JMU, and Montana are the only bright spots.
    11) Seasons over regardless of how it ends we discuss the OREGON DUCKS.

(The second half of that list is about stickers and jerseys. There isn't a lot of discussion involving our current game schedule other than how bad the crowds have been at the dome and its been getting worse for 2 years.) Boy 5 years ago was really fun! Those were good times.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

The 'fatigue' that you all like to talk about is a NATION-WIDE phenomenon. It’s not just the Fargo Dome. In fact, I’d say the FD is pretty damn full compared to some of these venues, FCS or G5 or even P5 (talking about Pitt game last week).

It has to do with QLED TVs, less disposable income, the desire to party at home in your living room, a better view of the game, the ability to watch FB naked, whatever ...

So why do you all feel so compelled to make it a Bison problem when it’s much bigger than that?

Frisco is packed compared to most of these bowl games. And now it’s on ABC. These are just facts.
    Exactly. But they still feel they need to yell about it.

The SMU Memphis game did set a prime time low though so that's great. That's where we wanna be they tell me.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

You are correct, NDSU is not alone. Does that matter? It's still affecting the return on investment for the University? Are you suggesting that the decline is inevitable? I guess I don't agree. I think that more can and should be done. QLED TV's, streaming services, numerous other options to spend your/our time all existed in 2011, 2012, 2013 etc. This is a recent change and it's not just at the Fargodome but all aspects surrounding the games and program. I have attended watch parties in the Twin Cities for every championship game except for one. The attendance, engagement and excitement at the watch parties is declining somewhat as well. What is the next steps to continue to build on the momentum over the past decade and encourage people to connect with the program. There have been a lot of people hopping on the bandwagon over the past decade. That is awesome and exactly what sports are intended to do for the university. How does NDSU convert those recent fans from "bandwagon" to more consistent fans and potentially donors? If they do nothing, I'm not sure they do and I think they lose interest and drift away. In my opinion that's a missed opportunity.

Again, not beating the drum for an FBS move just looking for some acknowledgement that NDSU is trying to address it. I can acknowledge that Target Field seems to be an attempt to connect with a wider audience. Outside of that I'm not sure new stickers on the helmets and code green uniforms are going to do the trick.

This is to the FBS at any cost and we need to go it now crowd.

After all the hot air that you've expelled why aren't we FBS now????

Why aren't these conferences lining up to take ndsu to the dance?

Everyone in the ncaa football world k owns who we are.

Why no invites?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Ndsu cant move up without a home. Where are the invites???????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."