Page 222 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1221722122202212222232242322723227221222 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU Admin doing something that blows your mind. 2002 press conference with Chapman and Taylor comes to mind.

nothing since then crickets
    That wasn’t mind blowing. People were talking NDSU going DI before I even got on campus in the Fall of 1995.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

In my current role as internet manager where I work I talk with vendors from around the country. So far this month alone I've talked to people from NY, L.A., Georgia, Kentucky, Florida, Washington and New Mexico on separate calls. Each of them asked the formalities "I see you are in Moorhead, how long have you lived there" and when I tell them "I actually live in West Fargo, ND but work in Moorhead" they all say something to the effect of "Fargo, ND? Home of NDSU/Bison football. Man you guys have been dominant! Going to win it all again this year?"

Now I'm not sure if that is an endorsement for us to move up as we have a national following/awareness or a testament to how well our current situation is going and how well our brand is growing under our current model and that we should keep doing what we've been doing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Wouldn’t you be the same as them for missing/leaving early from games because the opponent is beneath your attention?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

This may have been brought up already but in my opinion the scheduling of Butler at Target Field was mainly for bean counting as a prerequisite to possibly moving up in the future. It was interesting that we scheduled a school with a small fan base out of the region. If it was UND or SDSU they would have brought in a more fans and threw off the numbers a bit. That game was on the schedule for a few years so if I am correct the NDSU leadership is doing their due diligence and will make decision one way or another based on this and a host of other factors.
    "Our plan of operation is to advance and keep on advancing. We're going to go through the enemy like shit through a tinhorn." - Patton

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

so they are not TRUE fans huh.
    Great point. Can't believe I didn't consider that. Actually the beauty of it is your dumbass doesn'tn get to decide what fans want to do even though you've been yelling it out loud for 5 years.

Yeah and those true fans aren't going to the Motor City Bowl either.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    In my current role as internet manager where I work I talk with vendors from around the country. So far this month alone I've talked to people from NY, L.A., Georgia, Kentucky, Florida, Washington and New Mexico on separate calls. Each of them asked the formalities "I see you are in Moorhead, how long have you lived there" and when I tell them "I actually live in West Fargo, ND but work in Moorhead" they all say something to the effect of "Fargo, ND? Home of NDSU/Bison football. Man you guys have been dominant! Going to win it all again this year?"

Now I'm not sure if that is an endorsement for us to move up as we have a national following/awareness or a testament to how well our current situation is going and how well our brand is growing under our current model and that we should keep doing what we've been doing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Correct. Because moving up to a lower level FBS conference will diminish our brand. But the attention whores don't see that. They'd love that 10 PM Central Time game on ESPN2 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Correct. Because moving up to a lower level FBS conference will diminish our brand. But the attention whores don't see that. They'd love that 10 PM Central Time game on ESPN2 instead.
    this thread is for the AAConference.

#15 Memphis played #22 SMU on ABC 3pm 2 saturdays ago.
    UCF and Houston played on ESPN 2 saturday 1pm

try again
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

this thread is for the AAConference.

#15 Memphis played #22 SMU on ABC 3pm 2 saturdays ago.
    UCF and Houston played on ESPN 2 saturday 1pm

try again
    Google is awesome. And also there's 4 teams no one gives a shit about besides their own fans. So tell me again what the benefit is?

And besides the fact that you've been attention whoring the mountain west since childbirth.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    staying at fcs is only way to diminish the brand..there is nothing left to accomplish in the FCS. Diminishing attendance and enthusiasm every year we stay... these other teams are completely inferior..

JMU is the only current FCS team that can even argue they are competitive with us the last decade.. and dont give me 2-12 this decade SDSU....

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastBison View Post
    This may have been brought up already but in my opinion the scheduling of Butler at Target Field was mainly for bean counting as a prerequisite to possibly moving up in the future. It was interesting that we scheduled a school with a small fan base out of the region. If it was UND or SDSU they would have brought in a more fans and threw off the numbers a bit. That game was on the schedule for a few years so if I am correct the NDSU leadership is doing their due diligence and will make decision one way or another based on this and a host of other factors.
    I think it was simply a way to get a little paycheck from Target Field since we didn't have any FBS money games.
    It's OK to not be OK.