Page 217 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1171672072152162172182192272673177171217 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Too bad the other teams in the MVFC have not been able to pick up the pace and compete with NDSU. When we came into that conference we had to grow up and get up to speed. Since then the other teams have drifted down hill except for SDSU primarily. It has created a quandry for the Bison now on "what to do".

Big 12 is too much of jump given the size of our stadium, would they even take us in? MAC is not as competitive as what we want IMO. MWC is a lot more travel costs and then you have Boise St. and WYO then... good?

How about a new FBS conference creation with NDSU, SDSU, UND, USD, UNI, N. Ill., and lets see.... one or two more.... Toledo and ???
    Would the NCAA support this? How about sponsors and TV contracts? Not a chance I suppose...
    Honestly I really dislike the idea of a “move up” MVFC. Most of those teams aren’t competitive with NDSU as it is (UNI included), so they likely won’t be at a higher level nor are they in any position whatsoever to play up. Also really dislike the idea of 4 other new FBS teams with an extra 22 scholarships to give in a sparely populated Midwest. The recruiting will become diluted at some point, and we’d all be talking about following Idaho’s lead. Right now NDSU pulls the recruits and everyone else picks up the table scraps, and there is plenty to go around. I’d prefer to move up, with the other teams staying in FCS where they are more competitive.

No conference available and no money trees means we wait. Maybe some day the stars will align. If a G5 realignment happened, NDSU would likely be a very strong candidate. That was Gene Taylor’s vision from the start, but it will just take more time than we’d like

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wife and I have missed 3 home games this year due to bad farming weather and delayed harvest conditions. Sold our seats a couple weeks ago after asking many friends who did not or could not go, finally put on facebook and someone in Fgo took them. Went to this last game vs. USD and it was another real sleeper. The fan in front of us plays on his phone the whole game and many blue seats by the early 3rd quarter. The place is losing its thunder except for 2 or 3 games a year at home like vs. SDSU or Ill. St. or UNI and then maybe a playoff game or 2. For the lack of enthusiasm is the ever increasing price of the season tickets worth it? I would have shut the combine off on Saturday a few years ago and go to the game, now it is harder to do that. Have had season tickets since 08. Planning to keep them as my blood is green but economics and psychology class analysis votes otherwise?
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Too bad the other teams in the MVFC have not been able to pick up the pace and compete with NDSU. When we came into that conference we had to grow up and get up to speed. Since then the other teams have drifted down hill except for SDSU primarily. It has created a quandry for the Bison now on "what to do".

Big 12 is too much of jump given the size of our stadium, would they even take us in? MAC is not as competitive as what we want IMO. MWC is a lot more travel costs and then you have Boise St. and WYO then... good?

How about a new FBS conference creation with NDSU, SDSU, UND, USD, UNI, N. Ill., and lets see.... one or two more.... Toledo and ???
    Would the NCAA support this? How about sponsors and TV contracts? Not a chance I suppose...

NCAA has specific rules on what conferences can and cant do. That goes for existing and making one up.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

After reading that AAC forum they really see themselves as wanting to be a P6 conference when it shakes out.. I think the bison have to just like anyone else take the promotion to the mac or whatever- dominate that and then work on making the next level.

really 3 things are gonna happen to NDSU football

1- we keep destroying the FCS and it get more boring every year...
    2- we actually fall off and become an average fcs team in which case this program and our chances to move up are done forever... 8k crowds at the dome... you think beating UNI by 42 sucks see what happens if we lose to them by 42 some day...
    3- we move up to the mac or whatever and we work on dominating that.. and see where it goes..

you FCS FOREVER fans still wont tell me what is left in the FCS that the Bison can do?? no one in the country or Fargo for that matter gives a crap if we win 9 out of 10 or 19 out of 20. Your really are just fine with NDSU being in the FCS for the next 20 years?

Winning titles and going undefeated when everyone in the world predicts it preseason is not an accomplishment.. its the bare minimum.. its like going for all you can eat tacos then having to take a dump the next morning... you dont go into work and brag about it.

Would you cheer on a grown man slapping a 10 yr old girl around at the mall? or call the police? cause that is about where we are.

and we wont ever be hotter than right now... all these titles, beating the big boys and Wentz in the NFL.. Would beating Oregon change anyones opinion?

How would winning the MAC and finish ranked #21 in the country be less of an accomplishment then winning title 12 out of 13?

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    and we wont ever be hotter than right now... all these titles, beating the big boys and Wentz in the NFL.. Would beating Oregon change anyones opinion?
    Strike while the iron is hot
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Can't move up a whole conference.

I still don't know why a talk of a new stadium hasn't be bantied about more .

On Campus, Owned by NDSU, All Revenue goes to NDSU.
    4 Corporations, $50 million each (over 25 years ) They each get their own corner concourse of the stadium for marketing
    NDSU raises $75 million.

$275 Million 42,000 seat Semi Enclosed 2 deck stadium keeps the wind out. NDSU can sell beer there, Have Concerts, NDSU Departments could utilize it.

NDSU engineering/architecture students could be apart of it. It would give you a valid reason to raise Student Fee's.
    First, an open/semi-open/semi-enclosed stadium is not a possibility, so stop suggesting it like it could happen.

Second, the idea of NDSU completely owning a domed stadium is more problems than you realize. Your clueless suggesting that NDSU find four corporations willing to each shell out $2 million/year for 25 years for corner concourses to just build a stadium. How are you going to approach other corporations for upkeep costs. For example, the Denver Broncos struggled to find a corporation willing to shell out $6 million/year for a whole dang stadium that already exists, not to build a new one. Now that NDSU "owns" the stadium, they are now responsible for all the costs the City of Fargo provides for the FargoDome, like insurance, employees or bidding for rights to host events/acts.

If NDSU ever hired someone with your sports management expertise, or even mine, they are screwed.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Look I’m all pro-FBS if we get an invite, and I think we should be trying our best to get one, but I think we’re getting to some UND-level delusion here.

1) The FBS schools would NEVER allow us to move an entire conference to FBS. It waters down the brand, and more importantly introduces a whole host of schools that don’t belong to the dinner party trying to find seats at the table.

2) Schools from the MAC are NEVER going to jump ship to join a new “plucky darlings of the Midwest FCS” conference. Not sure where that idea even came from.

3) The AAC is NEVER going to offer NDSU straight from FCS. And even if they did, how good our football team is would be the last criteria utilized. I’ll quickly list off all the reasons schools have been added to conferences in the last 15 years: national brand recognition, tv market, geographic footprint (proximity to other schools), academic prestige, recruiting footprint. There are probably 25 schools that fit all these criteria better than us.

If it ever even got that far, the commissioner of the AAC would make it through about 4 seconds of the first Proseed commercial on the broadcast before he would outlaw his employees from mentioning NDSU and member in the same sentence.

I’m all for moving up, but if you’re going to have a serious discussion about it you need to be realistic. It would involve a MAC, Sun Belt, MWC (God I hope MWC) level conference. You can start talking about breaking into the top level of FBS after about a decade of building our brand at the FBS level, the population of FM hopefully doubling, improved academic prestige and better TV (or virtual reality at that point??) market base.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    you FCS FOREVER fans still wont tell me what is left in the FCS that the Bison can do?? no one in the country or Fargo for that matter gives a crap if we win 9 out of 10 or 19 out of 20. Your really are just fine with NDSU being in the FCS for the next 20 years?
    What you and others like you won't accept is that there are very few "FCS Forever" fans. There's a small group that says "No FBS without a playoff", but the vast majority of those you ridicule would be for FBS if a viable option was available. You call them shortsighted, but you are just as shortsighted when you say NDSU should go FBS right now with no plan or option in place to make it happen. You think that if NDSU were to announce they were going FBS, a conference invites from all over would magically appear just because FBS conferences would be falling over each other to let NDSU in. It's just not the case.

Most of us would like FBS at this point, but the window isn't open. All we can do for the moment is be ready for that moment. It might happen in a year; it might take five; it might take ten. I think it will be closer to five than ten, but who knows.

The only thing that will suck when NDSU does go FBS is the idiots that claim they were right all along and that everyone else was wrong. When the reality will be the opposite.