Page 237 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1371872272352362372382392472873377371237 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Ahhhh are you really that stupid????
    Have you ever answered a direct question in your life? Literally at any point?

Do you take this women to be your wife?
    "Havent I made that clear?
    Is that a yes or a no?
    "ahhh are you really that stupid?"
    Just say yes or no please
    "QUIT SCREAMING, FBS NEEDS MONEY!"
    ....wut?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    are you serious right now?

"Hey, Just gauging your interest in NDSU as a potential future Football Only member of your illustrious conference."

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid.
    Ok. That conversation will go one of two ways.

Option 1: AAC Commish guys says (diplomatically): "Ok, we'll take it under consideration and let you know. Don't call us. We'll call you." *click* (diplomacy off) "Well that was a waste of 30 seconds."

Option 2: AAC Commish guys says: "Interesting notion. How would you suggest I sell my league presidents on the possibility of NDSU as an affiliate member?"

So how do you make that pitch in the (unlikely IMO) event that AAC Commish guy is receptive to this?

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    lol this argument again. I'm old enough to remember when people said "yeah we've won one championship but there's no way we'll be in the title hunt forever! I'll bet you'll change your tune once we lose 3-4 games a year!"

Everything about this team COMPETITIVELY has proven history wrong over and over and over again and will continue to do so. there are so many reasons you could chose to argue against FBS, but NDSU not being able to sustain success is probably the stupidest one, and the one that matters least in the grand scheme. virtually everything else matters more when considering jumping- competitive success is probably in the bottom half of the list
    I am happy I could provide you with a stupid argument. If you read what went before my post you would see the statement was made that the jump could be made based on sustained success. Thus the argument you ridicule came from a FBS now supportér. Being satisfied with a competitive team sounds like you are from UND. Many fans at NDSU measure the term in the number of championships. You need to look at 21years of history before the current run.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Vet- NDSU wont be good forever- stay in the FCS
    me- we are unprecedentedly good and it aint changing any time soon- besides, it doesnt even matter since on the field competition isnt that important in this conversation
    you- yeah, what HE said
    Me- wait, so now you think on field competition IS important?
    You- How dare you, Sir! How Dare you!
    Show me where I say stay in FCS.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Have you ever answered a direct question in your life? Literally at any point?

Do you take this women to be your wife?
    "Havent I made that clear?
    Is that a yes or a no?
    "ahhh are you really that stupid?"
    Just say yes or no please
    "QUIT SCREAMING, FBS NEEDS MONEY!"
    ....wut?
    Let's be honest for a moment.

Do we really think that in an age where Universities are struggling to make ends meet that the rest of the FCS will "up its game" when it is very likely that FCS football funding at most schools will decline over the next 5-10 years? If i had to bet the gap between the top 2-3 FCS schools and the rest of the pack will bigger not smaller.

If this is true, where do we think that the FCS will be in 10 years? Will it be something that we want to be a part of? Does anyone actually believe that if it comes to that and we are finally ready to make a move that any P5/G5 conference would want us? Especially if there is more money for each conference due to expanded playoffs? I would bet that the conferences will NOT be adding to dilute the money more.

That is why I believe it would be in the best interest of NDSU in the long run (even with all the money, conference, stadium issues) to make a move so that when that day comes where we are ready we can look to move up even higher instead of being stuck in the FCS with no place to go.

So now competitive success IS a reason to go FBS? havent you agreed multiple times in this thread that is ISNT important- that instead, all the other factors are more important?

Just trying to keep track of all the goal posts youre moving
    its what "the squad" does. move goalposts. they are the crabs at the bottom of the bucket.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The world of athletics administrators is very small. They all know each other. I guarantee at least casual conversations have taken place over a beer at a hotel bar at an NCAA event between our administration and those associated with schools and/or conferences where the Bison could land. They all know who NDSU is and what they could do for their conference. If any of the G5 conferences discuss expansion I'm sure NDSU is at least a part of the conversation. They may not rank high due to proximity but as far as an educational institution, athletic performance, and possibly even market are not likely negatives.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The world of athletics administrators is very small. They all know each other. I guarantee at least casual conversations have taken place over a beer at a hotel bar at an NCAA event between our administration and those associated with schools and/or conferences where the Bison could land. They all know who NDSU is and what they could do for their conference. If any of the G5 conferences discuss expansion I'm sure NDSU is at least a part of the conversation. They may not rank high due to proximity but as far as an educational institution, athletic performance, and possibly even market are not likely negatives.

Yup.

And these guys do this as their J-O-B-S. They know what talks and what walks when it comes to conference realignment better than any of us do.

the gap will increase and this dynasty isn't going to just end anytime soon.. what are we now 128-8 or something when the dynasty began? lets say 50 odd games left in treys career- what's the over under on record even with the fbs schools? 45-5? so that puts us with at least 10 out of 12 titles and roughly a 170-15 in 12 seasons

NDSU will remain the only serious option for talent to go to. so we wont just drop off like the 1980s when know one outside the tristate ever heard of us after all those titles in D2.

Treys senior year 2022-23 at the worst they need to have a plan to jump even if its independent.. we will for sure have done everything remotely possible in FCS at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

maybe but there are a lot of admin people in this world that are scared to take chances.. how much job pressure is there on a AD with a football team that goes undefeated every year? not saying that our guys are like that and don't know them but things like that happen everywhere in business.