Page 214 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1141642042122132142152162242643147141214 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Could you please provide the litany of positives, cuz I’m not seeing them other than increased/better competition, possibly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly? That would be crazy if it wasn't, because the competition and quality of the games right now are absolutely terrible. The blowouts and winning are fun, but to someone who actually loves watching the game of football, the football games are garbage and boring as hell. The conference has 4 top 10 teams, and these teams can't even make a football game out of it when they play NDSU? What a joke.

If NDSU ever moved up and was able to get into one of the regional conferences like MWC or MAC, I think they would be in prime position to be nationally relevant. Probably not as often, but they would still have good teams here and there, and if they get a season where they are really strong, they could get ranked somewhere by the middle of the year and only play 1, 2, or maybe 3 games against competition that would actually be formidable. They would still have the garbage teams they could blow out that so many of the fanbases like.

Sure their would be down years. But their would be up years too. I think that would be something to aim for. At some point our run is going to end and we're going to have down years again in FCS, and then what does this program/fanbase got?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Possibly? That would be crazy if it wasn't, because the competition and quality of the games right now are absolutely terrible. The blowouts and winning are fun, but to someone who actually loves watching the game of football, the football games are garbage and boring as hell. The conference has 4 top 10 teams, and these teams can't even make a football game out of it when they play NDSU? What a joke.

If NDSU ever moved up and was able to get into one of the regional conferences like MWC or MAC, I think they would be in prime position to be nationally relevant. Probably not as often, but they would still have good teams here and there, and if they get a season where they are really strong, they could get ranked somewhere by the middle of the year and only play 1, 2, or maybe 3 games against competition that would actually be formidable. They would still have the garbage teams they could blow out that so many of the fanbases like.

Sure their would be down years. But their would be up years too. I think that would be something to aim for. At some point our run is going to end and we're going to have down years again in FCS, and then what does this program/fanbase got?
    I’m a bit confused by your post, but I’ll respond as well as I can.

First, it appears you are comparing us in FCS form and not FBS, as I we’d have more scholarships and even better players than we have now, AND we would, right now, compete and likely beat most if not all of the teams in the conferences you mention.

To your reference to down years coming in FCS: Doesn’t that mean we actually will have the competitive games for those who “love[] watching the game of college football” just as you otherwise seem to desire?

The balance of your post is just too difficult to respond to with all the contradictions and assumptions.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

us Pro-FBS fans have no gotten Bison 1660 , KFAN MPLS, Kfan Fargo and Inforum and KVRR sports people to discuss NDSU to FBS. its literally all over right now.

the AAC conference thread, the Bison Fatique thread. heck Trey Lance thread.

Let's all stop being scared and do something 1 time in our lifetimes that will be incredible!!! NDSU to the FBS could be bigger than anything you could ever imagine. same discussions as 2002 and 2003 are happening everywhere.

you naysayers then need to step aside once again and be proved wrong

NDSU CAN SUCCEED AT FBS.

Appy St, Kansas State, Wyoming all ranked in top 25 this year....You know dam well NDSU could be too
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Put on your NDSU apparel, travel the country , sit in an airport, go to a restaurant. Everywhere I go, literally, people know NDSU because of our football program. If you know college football in this country, you know NDSU. I had someone approach me in a car rental place in Florence, Italy because I was wearing my NDSU gear. National exposure, yeah we already got that.
    good. so let's play in a national conference!!!

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    good. so let's play in a national conference!!!
    We already are. You think SDSU got Gameday because of their 4 star Taco John's?

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    us Pro-FBS fans have no gotten Bison 1660 , KFAN MPLS, Kfan Fargo and Inforum and KVRR sports people to discuss NDSU to FBS. its literally all over right now.

the AAC conference thread, the Bison Fatique thread. heck Trey Lance thread.

Let's all stop being scared and do something 1 time in our lifetimes that will be incredible!!! NDSU to the FBS could be bigger than anything you could ever imagine. same discussions as 2002 and 2003 are happening everywhere.

you naysayers then need to step aside once again and be proved wrong

NDSU CAN SUCCEED AT FBS.

Appy St, Kansas State, Wyoming all ranked in top 25 this year....You know dam well NDSU could be too
    https://youtu.be/GAeYHGByHcE
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Put on your NDSU apparel, travel the country , sit in an airport, go to a restaurant. Everywhere I go, literally, people know NDSU because of our football program. If you know college football in this country, you know NDSU. I had someone approach me in a car rental place in Florence, Italy because I was wearing my NDSU gear. National exposure, yeah we already got that.
    I do this a lot too. And yes, the NDSU gear does get recognized, and yes, mainly for the football team.

The only downside of wearing NDSU gear is running into those dang pilots from UND who want to bring up their hockey team.
    Hail the BISON!!!

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I do this a lot too. And yes, the NDSU gear does get recognized, and yes, mainly for the football team.

The only downside of wearing NDSU gear is running into those dang pilots from UND who want to bring up their hockey team.
    Let them eat Cake! Err, I mean they can have teh hockies.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I’m a bit confused by your post, but I’ll respond as well as I can.

First, it appears you are comparing us in FCS form and not FBS, as I we’d have more scholarships and even better players than we have now, AND we would, right now, compete and likely beat most if not all of the teams in the conferences you mention.

To your reference to down years coming in FCS: Doesn’t that mean we actually will have the competitive games for those who “love[] watching the game of college football” just as you otherwise seem to desire?

The balance of your post is just too difficult to respond to with all the contradictions and assumptions.

I'm talking specifically about the product on the football field. It isn't rocket science. I'm also talking specifically the play on the field. FCS right now, especially in comparison to NDSU, is not good football. These teams NDSU are playing, some of these teams even "allegedly" top 10 FCS teams, are sloppy, unorganized, undisciplined, poorly coached, and just not flat out good enough to make plays against NDSU. To a football purists, it's bad football to watch. NDSU forces them to play like that a lot of the times, but that's my point exactly, the quality of FCS is just really poor football.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

I always tell them. "thanks for going to und and becoming my Sky Taxi Driver, cuz that's all you are"