Page 207 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1071571972052062072082092172573077071207 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I think youre doing a bit of extrapolation to get to the ---Anti FBS at all cost fans because from what I see there is no such animal. What you have are fans that see legitimate hurdles to moving up.
    As far as the rest of your rant youre just making shit up and bouncing around..
    can we agree playing a ranked team at home would not be a "legitimate hurdle?", at least PL.?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    can we agree playing a ranked team at home would not be a "legitimate hurdle?", at least PL.?
    thank you, lol, right on
    I think youre doing a bit of extrapolation to get to the ---Anti FBS at all cost fans because from what I see there is no such animal. What you have are fans that see legitimate hurdles to moving up.
    As far as the rest of your rant youre just making shit up and bouncing around..
    56- pleeeeeease, prove me wrong! I would love nothing more. What is ONE positive thing that could come from going FBS? Because to this moment in history- you have not acknowledged that there is a single positive aspect that could ever come from going FBS. No benefit whatsoever. You are the photo negative of lakes, who believes that there are literally NO hurdles, or possible negative outcomes.

Now is your chance to prove me wrong!! Show everyone how wrong I am!
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    Ahhhhhh I wouldnt think so.......But I might not be understanding your question? My question to you is---why would that be a hurdle?
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 11-18-2019 at 10:30 PM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    thank you, lol, right on

56- pleeeeeease, prove me wrong! I would love nothing more. What is ONE positive thing that could come from going FBS? Because to this moment in history- you have not acknowledged that there is a single positive aspect that could ever come from going FBS. No benefit whatsoever. You are the photo negative of lakes, who believes that there are literally NO hurdles, or possible negative outcomes.

In all of my posts have I ever said that THERE IS no BENIFIT??????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but the AAC for football could make sense.

UConn is leaving the AAC East to join the Big East. Navy could switch over to the AAC East from the West and NDSU could jump into the AAC West for an even 2 division of 6 schools each.

Navy is also only an AAC football membah, playing all other sports in the Patriot League...so a precedent has been set for that in that regard.

In all of my posts have I ever said that THERE IS no BENIFIT??????
    No, but he did say that in all of your many posts on the subject you’ve never acknowledged one benefit. A streak you’ve continued by dodging his question in your last post lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sader87 View Post
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but the AAC for football could make sense.

UConn is leaving the AAC East to join the Big East. Navy could switch over to the AAC East from the West and NDSU could jump into the AAC West for an even 2 division of 6 schools each.

Navy is also only an AAC football membah, playing all other sports in the Patriot League...so a precedent has been set for that in that regard.
    i like it-----------i like it alot (copyright lloyd christmas)------think of nebraska when the were the northern most team in b12 and played teams straigh south all the way to texas------worked out just fine 4 them

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    No, but he did say that in all of your many posts on the subject you’ve never acknowledged one benefit. A streak you’ve continued by dodging his question in your last post lol
    Not dodging anything. Just laying the ground work. Plus had to get dinner off the stove. Dont want to over cook the inside tenderloins.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 11-18-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    thank you, lol, right on

There are actually many perceived benefits but you only asked for one.

Perceived prestige can manifest itself in to many areas. One would be alumni engagement-increased donations.

Oh wait thats three.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 11-18-2019 at 10:58 PM.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can’t wait to play Toledo on a Tuesday night in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk