Page 190 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 901401801881891901911922002402906901190 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    People still believe success matters when it comes to an FBS invite. It's 99.99% tv/streaming viewership you can bring.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Completely disagree with lower level conferences. TV deals aren't that big and they are looking for schools that will have success and draw interst to the league more than anything. Conferneces like the MAC, MWC and even AAC don't have their own cable networks...If they wanted a football only school success would play a huge role.

With that said, FBS conferences typically don't want football only or non-football members, they want all-sports members which is what really hampers us because of geography and other issues.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    You don't need a study to figure these things out. Just compare NDSU's budget with those in the AAC then add even more for additional travel expenses because NDSU would be a huge outlier. The closest school is 800+ miles away! It's so ridiculous why even bring it up?
    Travel for a football only move wouldn't be that different. We fly everywhere already for football, it is really only a concern for an all-sports move where it is a deal killer. Getting a football only move would be very difficult but if it happened, travel would be the least of my concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Completely disagree with lower level conferences. TV deals aren't that big and they are looking for schools that will have success and draw interst to the league more than anything. Conferneces like the MAC, MWC and even AAC don't have their own cable networks...If they wanted a football only school success would play a huge role.

With that said, FBS conferences typically don't want football only or non-football members, they want all-sports members which is what really hampers us because of geography and other issues.
    TV deals aren't that big? You must be following a different college football than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    5 away games per year. How is it significantly more expensive than flying to Youngstown, Macomb, Normal, Terre Haute, Cedar Falls, Springfield, or Carbondale? Plus being in that conference will garner a bigger payout when playing a p5.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    BINGO. and CFP & TV package money to offset
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    TV deals aren't that big? You must be following a different college football than I am.
    Do you consider less than $1 million a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Not really, the MAC's tv deal is chump change. Even the AAC and MWC are fraction of what the power five gets.

That said, those leagues operate differently, they don't have cable networks. They need successful schools that will draw interest, which I think would actually help NDSU. Just look at the MWC, the king of that league is Boise, who is in a TV market that isn't all that different than we are in. Without Boise what would the MWC's tv rights be worth? Substantially less.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Do you consider less than $1 million a big deal?
    Ok, I think I misunderstood NDSUstudent's post. In the context of the MAC, Sun Belt, and CUSA it's an argument I can see. I don't think the AAC or MWC are at those levels though. The AAC just signed a TV deal that raised it's TV money per school from about $2M to about $7M. The MWC gets $1.1M per school (except for Boise St who gets $2.9M) but their contract is up this summer and they're going to want to also cash in on the live sports bidding wars as well. I just don't buy that those conferences (or the MAC for that matter) see NDSU as a investment worth making considering they're all going to take a hit with TV/CFP/etc money since they'll be dividing out one extra share.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Not really, the MAC's tv deal is chump change. Even the AAC and MWC are fraction of what the power five gets.

That said, those leagues operate differently, they don't have cable networks. They need successful schools that will draw interest, which I think would actually help NDSU. Just look at the MWC, the king of that league is Boise, who is in a TV market that isn't all that different than we are in. Without Boise what would the MWC's tv rights be worth? Substantially less.
    The MWC without Boise St is an interesting hypothetical. I think they'd do fine in terms of TV/media rights money but they did bow down to Boise when the Big East was trying to get them in an attempt to save itself which is why Boise gets an extra $1.8M from the MWC media rights agreement that the rest of the schools don't get so I can see some truth to your assertion.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’m pretty sure the AAC schools won’t get that $7mill till like the 6-7 year mark of the contract. Gradually goes up every year from what I’ve read.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I don’t think it’s irony at all. UCONN is crap and has always been crap with a crap football team. Having a state school in a state with 3.5 million people doesn’t mean you will get that let alone half of it. UCONN has decent basketball and that’s about it as far as I’m concerned. NDSU has a national brand that is continually growing. As far as what else NDSU brings to the AAC is that when that football teams goes against a P5 school or two it has a very strong chance of coming away with a W for the conference and improving the SOS for everyone involved. Instead you get UCONN trying to fend off any local FCS school and squeaking by with the only 1 or 2 Ws on its entire schedule.
    If NDSU is a national brand then so is UCONN. They've won 4 nattys in the last 20 years lmao.

"Decent basketball"....jeez.
    College of Business Alumnus

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    If NDSU is a national brand then so is UCONN. They've won 4 nattys in the last 20 years lmao.

"Decent basketball"....jeez.
    Read my post where I was talking about “football only”. UCONN has no national brand in football.

And yes I would call them a decent basketball program. Nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by 23Bison; 11-14-2019 at 08:22 PM.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS