Page 235 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1351852252332342352362372452853357351235 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    We've got a p5 team right now. So yeah the g5 should be pretty easy competition wise. This team deserves better. It's an insult to this team to suggest they move to g5.
    This. It's B12 or bust for me.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I completely agree that the funding is the major obstacle to FBS. I'm not in the camp that feels that we need to go FBS at all costs. My concerns are that the energy around the program feels like it is declining. Not necessarily amongst the "consistent" fans but more so with the periphery fans. Maybe it is true to some extent that "they make their own decisions" and "if they feel that way then we don't need them" but I feel that that is very short sighted. The periphery fans are the future donor pool and need to be cultivated. I can understand that an FBS move is risky and affects much more than just football. It has ramifications for the entire campus. Staying FCS has risks associated with it as well and if the leadership has determined that staying FCS is the best strategy currently (which I can understand) then they need to be more aggressive in making the fanbase understand the reasons for that decision both in the short term and long term and find ways to encourage people to continue to be involved in NDSU Athletics. To date, the leadership has neither spoke about or shown much in the way of changes that are intended to address the pitfalls of staying FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    The only issue I know of in the SHAC is the row spacing between seats.
    Sometimes there is an issue of both BB teams performance in the SHAC as well.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Facts View Post
    I get and somewhat agree with the complexities of increasing funding and and doing an FBS move the “right way”. That said, am I the only one here who thinks if we we played a G5 schedule right now and beyond, and didn’t spend another dollar than we do right now, that we’d be top-25ish competitive immediately? I just don’t think the gap is that wide and I think our current system and culture makes up for a lot of $$$’s we currently don’t have. AND I think our results on the field year after year prove this.
    We have laid the ground work to face better competition. But if people would remember the bravado that many spoke when we moved up to D1 we didnt fair well. Bohl came out and said "we have to recruit a different type of player". . We will have to make those same changes especially in the skills positions. And ALL sports will have to do the same. Culture doesnt make up for the difference in the jimmies and the joes and the lack of $$$$$$$$$.Weve seen that first hand.

I think we would do well in the MAC. But seriously is that where people really want to be? With those thoughts in mind its going to take money. Lots of it.
    Next you need a home. And no matter how good a salesman you are or much you beg or plead if a conference doesnt want you you cant force them to take you. Plus you need to offer a conference more than just a good football program. You have to be a good fit for the conference. Does anyone here that has any common sense really think a conference wants to lose part of their football play off money and big dance money by adding another team?????? Plus Add more traveling expenses?
    Just think--UND left the Big Sky. One of the reasons being travel expenses.

We are an outlier. An anomaly .

Strike while the iron is hot???? That doesnt mean squat when youre not in control. We cant force anyones hand.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Wow. You don't have a clue about what it takes to fund, compete, or get an invite at the FBS level. Just wow. You probably don't know much about what the academics of the peer institutions at the FBS level look like either. Or enrollment numbers. Hmmm.
    I remember Gene Taylor telling me the biggest surprise he had in the transition was all of the administrative and academic changes and duties that needed to be done. All of the internal work that nobody really sees or knows about.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I completely agree that the funding is the major obstacle to FBS. I'm not in the camp that feels that we need to go FBS at all costs. My concerns are that the energy around the program feels like it is declining. Not necessarily amongst the "consistent" fans but more so with the periphery fans. Maybe it is true to some extent that "they make their own decisions" and "if they feel that way then we don't need them" but I feel that that is very short sighted. The periphery fans are the future donor pool and need to be cultivated. I can understand that an FBS move is risky and affects much more than just football. It has ramifications for the entire campus. Staying FCS has risks associated with it as well and if the leadership has determined that staying FCS is the best strategy currently (which I can understand) then they need to be more aggressive in making the fanbase understand the reasons for that decision both in the short term and long term and find ways to encourage people to continue to be involved in NDSU Athletics. To date, the leadership has neither spoke about or shown much in the way of changes that are intended to address the pitfalls of staying FCS.
    The leadership has decided that staying FCS is the best strategy currently because there is no other option currently. NDSU has been slowly catching (and passing in some cases) teams from the MAC, CUSA, and Sun Belt in terms of many key revenue factors like donations and ticket sales. The next step is to catch (or pass) them in terms of facilities with an IPF. The groundwork is being laid to be highly competitive with the G5 if/when an opportunity comes along to compete at the same level as them. Until then I want Bison football to win every damn game and every damn championship they can at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    The administration has come out and stated that FOR NOW in this current climate that FCS is where we want to be until there are divisional changes--realignment. (i was paraphrasing here)
    Plus there isnt really a huge ground swell in this supposed movement. The few fanatics here on BV dont really reflect Bison nation at large. This isnt a crisis as some seem to be inferring.

The Professors above post is spot on.

this is crazy that people that say they care so deeply for NDSU don't want to push NDSU into higher heights. Content with the status quo, the Plateau. Bohl & Klieman both said "there's nothing more left to do at NDSU"

if the AAC wants NDSU as a Football ONLY you jump at that. But you need an ADMIN that will actually CALL THE AAC.

I've heard from multiple sources at NDSU that none of these conversations have taken place.

and None of you have disputed the fact that Dean is retiring in 3-4 years and Stony Brook guy wakes up every day thanking his lucky stars he was able to take over a finely tuned automobile. Why would either of those 2 risk anything, its the North Dakota way.

AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DISCUSS IT, STAY OUT OF THESE 1-2 THREADS THEN & LEAVE PERSONAL INSULTS TO YOURSELF . Hundreds of other threads.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    this is crazy that people that say they care so deeply for NDSU don't want to push NDSU into higher heights. Content with the status quo, the Plateau. Bohl & Klieman both said "there's nothing more left to do at NDSU"

if the AAC wants NDSU as a Football ONLY you jump at that. But you need an ADMIN that will actually CALL THE AAC.

I've heard from multiple sources at NDSU that none of these conversations have taken place.

and None of you have disputed the fact that Dean is retiring in 3-4 years and Stony Brook guy wakes up every day thanking his lucky stars he was able to take over a finely tuned automobile. Why would either of those 2 risk anything, its the North Dakota way.

AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DISCUSS IT, STAY OUT OF THESE 1-2 THREADS THEN & LEAVE PERSONAL INSULTS TO YOURSELF . Hundreds of other threads.
    Alright, I'll assume that you and your sources aren't full of it for a moment. What do you expect to happen when Matt Larsen "calls the AAC"? What should he say?

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Results on the field have not been that long in the scope of things and this unprecedented run will no last forever.
    lol this argument again. I'm old enough to remember when people said "yeah we've won one championship but there's no way we'll be in the title hunt forever! I'll bet you'll change your tune once we lose 3-4 games a year!"

Everything about this team COMPETITIVELY has proven history wrong over and over and over again and will continue to do so. there are so many reasons you could chose to argue against FBS, but NDSU not being able to sustain success is probably the stupidest one, and the one that matters least in the grand scheme. virtually everything else matters more when considering jumping- competitive success is probably in the bottom half of the list
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS