Page 225 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1251752152232242252262272352753257251225 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    You are correct, NDSU is not alone. Does that matter? It's still affecting the return on investment for the University? Are you suggesting that the decline is inevitable?
    QLED only hit the market in 2013, FWIW, but I understand your point

I guess I wouldn’t call it a 'decline'. More like a reality. Let’s look at the TV ratings of the FCS playoffs this year (when the time comes) and compare those to previous years, like 2013. That would be telling. I would suggest that the trends are more reflective of changes in lifestyle as opposed to a loss of interest in Bison FB. The impression I get from watching ESPN is that the Bison brand itself is doing fine nationally.

And I'd say NDSU is doing a pretty good job of dealing with it compared to the majority of the G5

Beer in the FD is the next baby step

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Exactly. But they still feel they need to yell about it.

The SMU Memphis game did set a prime time low though so that's great. That's where we wanna be they tell me.

So a primetime game on ABC with just shy of 3 million viewers isn't something to aspire to? Again, I'm not sold on FBS and believe the decision is a difficult one with lots of variables and potential pitfalls but to insinuate that the ratings (1.8 rating & 2.95 million viewers) from SMU and Memphis on primetime ABC is evidence that we shouldn't make the move to FBS is completely ignorant.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    So a primetime game on ABC with just shy of 3 million viewers isn't something to aspire to? Again, I'm not sold on FBS and believe the decision is a difficult one with lots of variables and potential pitfalls but to insinuate that the ratings (1.8 rating & 2.95 million viewers) from SMU and Memphis on primetime ABC is evidence that we shouldn't make the move to FBS is completely ignorant.
    It's not all that ignorant considering Sam, you and I all had to use google to remember the game even existed.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    This is to the FBS at any cost and we need to go it now crowd.

After all the hot air that you've expelled why aren't we FBS now????

Why aren't these conferences lining up to take ndsu to the dance?

Everyone in the ncaa football world k owns who we are.

Why no invites?
    Bump.......
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Less than 5k fans. Enjoy your front row pump it up cartwheel across the 50z. In the grand scheme of things nobody gives a rats ass about those bowls either.
    if NDSU is in a New Years Day Bowl. we bring 25,000 are you high?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    This is to the FBS at any cost and we need to go it now crowd.

After all the hot air that you've expelled why aren't we FBS now????

Why aren't these conferences lining up to take ndsu to the dance?

Everyone in the ncaa football world k owns who we are.

Why no invites?
    Bump..............
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    3 NYD bowl games in the history of the conference all from UCF. Good luck with that chief. GTFO of here and find an FBS team if you don't like it. Just stop running your mouth with worthless shit to get attention.

Anything before xmas is blatantly worthless, which is the likely result.

3 NYD bowl games in the history of the conference all from UCF. Good luck with that chief. GTFO of here and find an FBS team if you don't like it. Just stop running your mouth with worthless shit to get attention.

Anything before xmas is blatantly worthless, which is the likely result.
    Your NOT a very nice person

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Your NOT a very nice person
    Sam knows I am. Just not regarding this worthless drivel.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I don’t think 25,000 NDSU people go. There’s no way 5,000 people went to Frisco and sat around during the game. Stop using numbers. You’re just making yourself look silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk