Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Game 11: USD

Default Re: 2019 Game 11: USD

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    So with Cox "questionable" I assume Kaczor is going to fill his roll? Merc and Kaczor at LB as I assume we'll be in nickel all game?
    What is this mysterious injury? Should I be concerned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Burrows View Post
    What is this mysterious injury? Should I be concerned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Entz said lower leg injury but nothing structural... maybe high ankle sprain??? They're "preparing as if he won't play this Saturday". Seems pretty likely that he'll be held out until their first playoff game to give him nearly a full month in between game action to heal.

Lower leg could be anything. Sounds like how they list hockey injuries! Ha! Might be a simple as a deep bruise. We should not need him the last two games. Rest him up to be ready December 7th.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For being such a blowout, the WIU game sure had some significant fallout. We'll see how much depth we've been building so far this year. I would love to see more of Weerts with the 1's. This should give Clark plenty of reps to give the physical aspect of his game a little test. I'd prefer no to see #42 or #24 til the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    USD just killed fading Youngstown State and lead the league in passing yards per game (both in gaining and giving up.) Austin Simmons can run and they have two good RBs.

Good test, but they play like Western Illinois so the defense is going to get some cardio in.
    KDLT Highlights look like a fun time for ‘Yote fans. Austin Simmons doing his best Chris Streveler imitation (who did well in Winnipeg’s last game).

https://www.kdlt.com/2019/11/09/coyo...inis-penguins/

For his efforts Simmons was named MVFC Offensive Player of the Week, the 3rd time this season he has done so.

https://valley-football.org/news/201...ek-nov-10.aspx

Offensive Player of the Week

QB Austin Simmons, South Dakota 6-1, 215, Sr., Council Bluffs, Iowa (Lewis Central HS)

Simmons passed for 180 yards, ran for 72 and accounted for five touchdowns in three quarters of work against the nation’s 22nd-ranked defense. He led the Coyotes on four consecutive touchdown drives of 75 yards or more to start the game, and passed for four touchdowns for the fourth time in his career. Simmons also surpassed his predecessor, Chris Streveler, for third place on the Coyotes’ all-time passing list with 6,162 yards.

Fun fact: Teams who have played the Bison are 9-1 in their previous game before playing NDSU this season. The only team that didn't win that previous game was Missouri St.

So if playing a little lethargic the game after playing NDSU is called "Bison hangover" is playing well the game before playing NDSU called "Bison Friday night-itis"?

So are USD fans back to being USD fans yet or are they still SDSU GameDay fans?
    (Maybe that’s a sign idea for this game)
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bumpity bump bump
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Watching some replays this week. Their offense has looked really good so far.

WIN THIS AND CLINCH THE CONFERENCE TITLE.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Watching some replays this week. Their offense has looked really good so far.

WIN THIS AND CLINCH THE CONFERENCE TITLE.
    Their offense reminds me of when I try to go through a minesweeper level too fast. I can get on a roll and cover a lot of ground in a hurry but sooner or later I'll step on a mine.

Their offense is high octane but they don't take care of the ball. -8 in turnover margin on the year.