Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2019 Game 11: USD

Default Re: 2019 Game 11: USD

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    At the TM lunch today, coach said that they go up tempo and rely on the clap.
    He told us to feel free to clap at anytime they have the ball.
    Easy enough
    I try to avoid the clap as much as I can
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    I try to avoid the clap as much as I can
    Can you yell?
    No antibiotics involved

Just going to put this here. Of the 14 seniors, 13 will graduate in December and the other in May.
    Tuszka is doing graduate work.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    At the TM lunch today, coach said that they go up tempo and rely on the clap.
    He told us to feel free to clap at anytime they have the ball.
    Easy enough
    I always clap and will be in row U which is lower than our usual seats.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Things I’ll be watching today include:

- As always, can the other team’s (South Dakota)
    offense keep the NDSU offense off the field?
    The Bison got their practice last week for a up-tempo offense, and here it is again. The Coyotes though, figure to be better at this than Western Illinois was. They had to replace 3 starters on the OLine to begin the season and the ‘Yotes have averaged 38 points the last 6 games.

- That OLine is tall, young and big. Sophomore LT Alex Jensen is the bean pole at 6’ 7” 260 and was the MVFC OLineman of the week for last weekend. He is joined by a Soph LG (6’ 5” 310), a RFR C (6’ 7” 325), a JR RG (6’ 5” 330) and a RFR RT (6’ 5” 330).

- SR QB Austin Simmons is doing his best Chris Streveler imitation. He is 3rd in career yards passing for USD (6162) and is the 2nd leading rusher this season with 490 yards at 4.2 ypc. He does throw some interceptions - 12 - to go with his 25 TD passes. Look for some of both today......

- RB Kai Henry is hard to find behind that big, tall OLine at 5’ 8” 200. Has 739 yards at 5.8 ypc and 8 TD’s.

- WR Caleb Vander Esch (#13) is the go to guy when passing with nearly twice the receptions as the next WR. The 6’ 1” JR has 44 catches at 14.5 ypc.

- DE Darin Greenfield is a nice, All-Conference type, 2nd team AA preseason, but the ‘Yote defense is, to put it politely, vulnerable......

- Jaxon Brown listed as the starter at OLB for the Bison D. Does Jabril Cox dress?

- So, to sum it up, don’t be surprised if the Coyote offense can score some on the Bison, the Bison will score a lot, and as soon as the Bison defense forces turnovers or punts or both, the game can get comfortable.

- With Coach Entz and his connection to Coach Nielson - Wartburg College - I would not expect the team to be overlooking USD, unlike 2015.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 11-16-2019 at 12:31 PM.

We'll see what kind of hole is left behind without Cox.