Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DC3 - Donald Carter III Verbals

Default Re: DC3 - Donald Carter III Verbals

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    I do not follow the basketball recruiting that well. But it seems Dave always has people transferring? Is it just me, but maybe he needs to recruit people that will buy in the program? Seems basketball has more transfers than football the size difference is pretty big
    It is a trend but a lot of these guys were not going to play, chance for Dave to find another impact player.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It is a trend but a lot of these guys were not going to play, chance for Dave to find another impact player.
    That's my take on it. I think there is an opportunity to find higher impact players than those who left. That's just how college hoops works at this level. So long as the core group of players seeing minutes stay, I'm alright accepting seeing the others transfer.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    That's my take on it. I think there is an opportunity to find higher impact players than those who left. That's just how college hoops works at this level. So long as the core group of players seeing minutes stay, I'm alright accepting seeing the others transfer.
    Yes, if we were having starters transfer it might be a different story. I believe the only starter we've had transfer was Khabellis which was an odd situation. It's not just us, the portal is absolutely filling up, I believe with the recent announcements there are 20 players from the Summit League alone that have entered the portal. Lot of guys looking for a fresh start after the pandemic, problem is I don't think there's enough spots for them all to land, a lot of guys are gonna end up at the D2 level.

Seems to be the way BB has been going for awhile now. With one and done's at the higher levels it all trickles down plus 1 or 2 players can make or break a BB team. Along with the change in playing style to more just jump shooting 3's I'm becoming less and less of a BB fan every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Seems to be the way BB has been going for awhile now. With one and done's at the higher levels it all trickles down plus 1 or 2 players can make or break a BB team. Along with the change in playing style to more just jump shooting 3's I'm becoming less and less of a BB fan every year.
    I too am not a fan of the way the game is played these days. I understand it, but do not really enjoy watching guys (and gals) augering up 3's all night long.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I too am not a fan of the way the game is played these days. I understand it, but do not really enjoy watching guys (and gals) augering up 3's all night long.
    Interesting you say this, ESPN had an article on where the NBA was headed with record setting 3s by every single team, and how there is not nearly as many diverse highlights within the game as there was in years past. Something needs to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Not a big fan either. It also seems to me at least at the higher levels any play that isn't a 3 point shot is 1:1, everyone clears out and literally makes room for two guys to play a few seconds of one on one. The NBA game is so damn boring, haven't watched any meaningful minutes on YEARS. More than a decade I'm sure.
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 03-18-2021 at 08:34 PM.

I've been paying attention to James Harden over the last week, and watched a big chunk of the Nets vs. Knicks a few nights ago. His passing was incredible that game, and he was dropping assists all over the court...layups/dunks and 3's. That is fun to watch. He is playing at a ridiculous level (at least on offense) this year, averaging 25.7 points, 9.1 rebounds, and 11.5 assists.

That is definitely the exception. The constant barrage of 3 pointers in the NBA is soooo boring. College is going the same way.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.