Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: WIU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: WIU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

But he got a sack on the very next play so it was ok. Totally redeemed himself.

Lardsin must go!

Bison can clinch the MVFC autobid and at least a share of the MVFC title with a win next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I hate them too, but what drives me nuts is the inconsistency between officiating crews in the MVFC. There is a few that want to call every little infraction while there is one that doesn’t want to call anything. I believe there are two to three more crews that are probably the best in the conference and exist in the happy medium.

Yes, the team was undisciplined and that will be addressed, but there were infractions called that were unnecessary or plain out wrong to call (PI on a ball thrown 5+ yards out of bounds).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've thought for the most part the crews have been pretty consistent but I've never seen a MVFC crew call so many ticky tack holding penalties as the one yesterday did. If they would've officiated the game in Brookings that way they would've completely taken it over and potentially ruined a great game. They seemed like a playoff crew from another conference that isn't familiar with MVFC style play.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 11-10-2019 at 01:52 PM. Reason: spelling is hard

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Anyone get a good look at the holding call on the Lance TD throw that got called back? The Fargodome did not show anything egregious on video and it looked like a ticky-tack call for something that jad no bearing on the actual play. That being said, the dome replays were pretty terrible yesterday.

I know a few different people have mentioned that Hankey isn't exactly fleet of foot, but I never really noticed it until yesterday. He looked like was running in mud with a 50lb weight on his back after his interception. I also noticed it on a running play where he was clearly losing the race with the ball carrier and made a futile dive attempt at an ankle tackle.

Oh well, he was in position to make the interception. His instincts must be off the charts
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Increasingly many teams just quit against us. When we go up by 2 TDs, most of these teams just fold and it is becoming more obvious when you see how they tackle our WRs or RBs.
    Last edited by 123Gobison; 11-10-2019 at 04:14 PM.

What's with the big ass stickers on the back right side of some of NDSUs helmets?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    What's with the big ass stickers on the back right side of some of NDSUs helmets?
    I would guess it's a lot of injury prevention boilerplate legalese that is now required and can't be removed even for aesthetic reasons.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I would guess it's a lot of injury prevention boilerplate legalese that is now required and can't be removed even for aesthetic reasons.
    Well... it, looks, hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Well... it, looks, hideous.
    found it. Must be a liability thing

¯\_(ツ)_/¯