Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: WIU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: WIU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    The tuska call looked legit in real time to me.

The ball was clearly away from them, there was a brief pause from both the QB and tuska, them tuska gave a quick push and the QB went flying.
    I thought it was within one step of the handoff but if the qb fakes and then rolls out and he doesn’t hammer the qb then he’s not doing his job. I’ve seen way too many flags on the defense this year in all levels of play where the refs almost expect the defenders to read the mind of the offensive player.

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I know a few different people have mentioned that Hankey isn't exactly fleet of foot, but I never really noticed it until yesterday. He looked like was running in mud with a 50lb weight on his back after his interception. I also noticed it on a running play where he was clearly losing the race with the ball carrier and made a futile dive attempt at an ankle tackle.

Oh well, he was in position to make the interception. His instincts must be off the charts
    Yea it’s like he was going to get bit by the turf monster at any moment.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    found it. Must be a liability thing

You can't sue now.

I read somewhere that it is an NCAA requirement that at least one Bison TD be called back by penalty.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I know a few different people have mentioned that Hankey isn't exactly fleet of foot, but I never really noticed it until yesterday. He looked like was running in mud with a 50lb weight on his back after his interception. I also noticed it on a running play where he was clearly losing the race with the ball carrier and made a futile dive attempt at an ankle tackle.

Oh well, he was in position to make the interception. His instincts must be off the charts
    Hankey reminds me of Matt Plank. Solid player but not spectacular. He won't stand out but he won't look overmatched either. I think Luke Weerts is going to be coming hard for his starting MLB position next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I read somewhere that it is an NCAA requirement that at least one Bison TD be called back by penalty.
    It’s right after the rule that someone has to ask what color to wear.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Thought I saw Noah Sanders in street clothes on the sideline???? Hopefully nothing serious.

The Mostaerts and Weerts are going to be studs!

Really good to see Dom Davis get on the field. Dedicated young man!
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Lane Tucker is going to breakout next year in a big way. Bison interior defense is going to be dominant in the years to come.
    I hope you’re right. I’ll preface this by saying concerned is a relative term. That’s the position group where I have the most concern over next few years. CB might be up there too.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I thought it was within one step of the handoff but if the qb fakes and then rolls out and he doesn’t hammer the qb then he’s not doing his job. I’ve seen way too many flags on the defense this year in all levels of play where the refs almost expect the defenders to read the mind of the offensive player.
    This right here. That should never be a flag.

What the hell was the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Mauch? I get the illegal number/reporting or whatever but I didn't think that was unsportsmanlike conduct.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013