Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lakes is right

Default Re: Lakes is right

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    I’m a Minnesota grad school grad. Ndsu undergrad U of m win today is way cool

Also went to Sioux hockey game at madison square garden. Tough to beat

What day u?
    Say no to drugs.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I'll come to this thread to take my internet shits. That's for providing such an appropriate location.

most days ....
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    most days ....
    Although I have long disagreed with lakes on many facets of moving up to FBS, I don't know how NDSU you can do it financially also finding a conference that works is another hurdle. But where he is right is the fact there is more out there then what NDSU has today. The run has been great. But there is a bigger stage. If the program is truly a top 20 team nationally, if there is way to get the feel of competing on that stage. Go for it. And that is Lakes point.

The Minnesota excitement right now is the type of vibe that NDSU does not have. We have had the run up and built a great thing, but there is better out there. Last week Minnesota Penn State, a very big deal. Iowa Minnesota this week a very big deal. I don't know NDSU, versus Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State, Frisco have ever been as big as these events that Minnesota now is going through and has the opportunity.

I will contend UND hockey at Madison Square Garden was better and bigger stage then NDSU at Frisco. How to beat events at MSG, the worlds greatest venue, as the PA tells every chance he gets, the history there, Empire State building gathering of fans versus Twin Peaks.

So some days Lakes deserves credit for his passion and commitment.

Although I have long disagreed with lakes on many facets of moving up to FBS, I don't know how NDSU you can do it financially also finding a conference that works is another hurdle. But where he is right is the fact there is more out there then what NDSU has today. The run has been great. But there is a bigger stage. If the program is truly a top 20 team nationally, if there is way to get the feel of competing on that stage. Go for it. And that is Lakes point.

The Minnesota excitement right now is the type of vibe that NDSU does not have. We have had the run up and built a great thing, but there is better out there. Last week Minnesota Penn State, a very big deal. Iowa Minnesota this week a very big deal. I don't know NDSU, versus Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State, Frisco have ever been as big as these events that Minnesota now is going through and has the opportunity.

I will contend UND hockey at Madison Square Garden was better and bigger stage then NDSU at Frisco. How to beat events at MSG, the worlds greatest venue, as the PA tells every chance he gets, the history there, Empire State building gathering of fans versus Twin Peaks.

Any sporting event that occurs in Madison Square Garden is going to be pretty cool. "Bigger Stage" is not the right way to put it, because I would be very surprised if they had more televised viewers than the FCS National Championship. No one cares about college hockey and it doesn't matter where they play the game.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Some crap on the possibility of having to play crappy G5 teams if a move up ever happened. Those crappy G5 teams on average are slightly better than the shitty FCS teams we play now so I guess sure that may be a wash but there are some
    pretty good G5 teams that would be pretty fun to compete with and also there would be the probable 2 P5 teams that we would play every season. More likely than not those games would be against the B1G and 12 with one game with one of the remaining P5 conferences: ACC, SEC and PAC 12. Some would stay that we would never host teams like Oregon and Minnesota. Wyoming-Oregon and Fresno-Minnesota. It does happen and those games alone against P5 would worth it in itself from an excitement standpoint.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

ya had me until you said that UND hockey in NYC was a bigger stage than NDSU football, lol. Lets not get carried away. I would say the average American citizen would say the D3 national championship game is a bigger stage than a neutral site regular season college hockey game.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wondered what this thread could possibly be about. Still wondering. Can only conclude that Lakes is not right!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    ya had me until you said that UND hockey in NYC was a bigger stage than NDSU football, lol. Lets not get carried away. I would say the average American citizen would say the D3 national championship game is a bigger stage than a neutral site regular season college hockey game.
    yea I'm not following the hockey angle. so the same 6000 drunken hockey dorks go to vegas or madison or wherever. good for them , but it means nothing
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Wondered what this thread could possibly be about. Still wondering. Can only conclude that Lakes is not right!
    This thread is what is known as a “honey pot”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.