Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lakes is right

Default Re: Lakes is right

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Wondered what this thread could possibly be about. Still wondering. Can only conclude that Lakes is not right!
    Think outhouse in January. Do your business and don't linger,
    Damn, I'm Good!

Default Re: Lakes is right

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Although I have long disagreed with lakes on many facets of moving up to FBS, I don't know how NDSU you can do it financially also finding a conference that works is another hurdle. But where he is right is the fact there is more out there then what NDSU has today. The run has been great. But there is a bigger stage. If the program is truly a top 20 team nationally, if there is way to get the feel of competing on that stage. Go for it. And that is Lakes point.

The Minnesota excitement right now is the type of vibe that NDSU does not have. We have had the run up and built a great thing, but there is better out there. Last week Minnesota Penn State, a very big deal. Iowa Minnesota this week a very big deal. I don't know NDSU, versus Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State, Frisco have ever been as big as these events that Minnesota now is going through and has the opportunity.

I will contend UND hockey at Madison Square Garden was better and bigger stage then NDSU at Frisco. How to beat events at MSG, the worlds greatest venue, as the PA tells every chance he gets, the history there, Empire State building gathering of fans versus Twin Peaks.

So some days Lakes deserves credit for his passion and commitment.
    I think I CAN say we all pretty much get that point. We get it. The question is why does he have to beat us over the head with the same shit every freaking day?
    But Ive got to give him credit for one thing---he reminds me and confirms why I chose not to have kids.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."