Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU v. Western Illinois

Default Re: GDT: NDSU v. Western Illinois

shortest game thread ever?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    shortest game thread ever?
    This thread is short and it seemed like the longest game ever for those of us that stayed to the final whistle.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    This thread is short and it seemed like the longest game ever for those of us that stayed to the final whistle.
    It did seem long.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What happened to letting the play clock run down? Since Brock we would snap the ball at the last second once the game was out of hand. As much as we had the ball yestetday and snapped it early the team probably had a whole extra drive or two. Are we doing it for more reps?
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    What happened to letting the play clock run down? Since Brock we would snap the ball at the last second once the game was out of hand. As much as we had the ball yestetday and snapped it early the team probably had a whole extra drive or two. Are we doing it for more reps?
    Frankly the offense needed improvement during the middle part of the season. If that is the reason, good for them for taking advantage of the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Fans not happy after several questionable calls, but that was a legit TD. TV replay showed it clearly.
    watched when I got home and it was a TD.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Man that had to be brutal

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Man that had to be brutal
    So you didn't go to the game?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Frankly the offense needed improvement during the middle part of the season. If that is the reason, good for them for taking advantage of the opportunity.
    They've been doing that all season basically. I remembered being frustrated by it in the UC Davis game because they needed to be in a 4 minute offense running clock and they were snapping it with a running game clock with 10+ seconds left on the play clock. It didn't end up hurting them that game but you never know when those few extra seconds ran off are the difference in about 4 or 5 extra plays at the end of the game.

I'm guessing Roehl doesn't emphasize it as much as previous OCs have. Maybe having a freshman under center plays into that some as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They've been doing that all season basically. I remembered being frustrated by it in the UC Davis game because they needed to be in a 4 minute offense running clock and they were snapping it with a running game clock with 10+ seconds left on the play clock. It didn't end up hurting them that game but you never know when those few extra seconds ran off are the difference in about 4 or 5 extra plays at the end of the game.

I'm guessing Roehl doesn't emphasize it as much as previous OCs have. Maybe having a freshman under center plays into that some as well.
    I wouldn’t assume Roehl or Entz have even thought of this. Not dissing them, just saying that it’s been a long time since we’ve actually done this consistently when ahead by plenty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.