Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 1.0

Default Re: Bracketology 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    UND will be in the field at 7-4. May as well come to terms with it if you're not already.
    Agree, but don't underestimate UND's ability to lose to Southern Utah when things really matter.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

UND should not be in at all at this point, let alone safely in.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    UND should not be in at all at this point, let alone safely in.
    The Sagarin ratings would agree with you, the Massey ratings along with the majority of poll voters would not.

The Sagarin ratings would agree with you, the Massey ratings along with the majority of poll voters would not.
    Yes, a couple of rating points out per Sagarin. They could make that up and it’s close enough now that if the response had been, bubble in, rather than safely in, I may not have bothered.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Yes, a couple of rating points out per Sagarin. They could make that up and it’s close enough now that if the response had been, bubble in, rather than safely in, I may not have bothered.
    Massey has been high on UND all year for some reason I don't get. Even after that awful loss to Idaho St bumped them down to 3-3 they were still in Massey's top 25.

As for beyond the rating algorithms they've got 3 decent wins over SHSU, UC Davis, and Montana St but they're by a combined 10 points. They could get to 7-4 with their only road win being a squeaker against a currently 2-7 Cal Poly team. Logically they look like a pretty weak team but those wins over other potential bubbles teams give them a pretty good argument when comparing them to other 8-4/7-5 teams (there's even a number of other potential bubble teams that will only be playing 11 games like Wofford, SELA, Elon, and UNH).

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    7-4 with llegit wins by 4, 2, 4, 4 over teams that aren't GREAT won't get UND in.... plus combined with a 35 point ass kicking by a 2-6 team. and now they only have 1 ranked win by a blocked punt td over montana state.

7-5 teams with a FBS loss would put that team at 7-4 in FCS competition with better sos, etc. sorry bubba you done.
    Given what we have seen from the committee, do you really think they are going to delve into how much UN_ won their games by? Like most national media and voters, they will look at who they beat and the overall record.

If the Bison get to Road-to-Frisco stomp the F'hawks again in the same year, i will be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Given what we have seen from the committee, do you really think they are going to delve into how much UN_ won their games by? Like most national media and voters, they will look at who they beat and the overall record.

If the Bison get to Road-to-Frisco stomp the F'hawks again in the same year, i will be pleased.
    I have much more confidence in the selection committee being thorough and fair than I do in the "national poll" voters.

I have much more confidence in the selection committee being thorough and fair than I do in the "national poll" voters.
    That New Hampshire at 10, though...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I love that UND might make it.

Their program sucks, their fans suck and nothing brings this more to light to the teams performance and their fans bipolar attitude of either world (ie NDSU) beaters/ or needing to fire their entire staff, if not ending their football program completely.

There would be little more enjoyable for me than to see UND have their heart ripped out of their ass in the FargoDome in week 2 of the playoffs.
    Last edited by Bison bison; 11-08-2019 at 04:18 PM.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    That New Hampshire at 10, though...
    That was an eyebrow raiser for sure but who would you put in there instead? I guarantee I could poke a bunch of holes in whoever else you would put up there. Even Furman at #9 has done next to nothing except play two close FBS games to get to #9. There's a giant gap after the top 8 right now IMO.