Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 1.0

Default Re: Bracketology 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Pretty sure UND would get in over UC Davis due to the head to head win but they would have a very interesting resume with a lot of "quality losses" and some pretty good wins. But that requires them to finish out at 3-0 vs PSU, MSU and Sac and I'm sure sure they can do it.
    SIU would be an interesting comparison. UND would have 1-2 better wins but also a worse loss. I think they'd both be in with 7 wins.
    Yeah, you're probably right but I would guess both UC Davis and UND are in if Davis gets to 7-5.

Unless one or more teams in the group of SHSU, UC Davis, and Montana St tanks down the stretch I don't think UND at 7-4 is getting left out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Quality losses. Good grief.
    They're primarily what's gotten SDSU the #4 seed to his point.

Lets be real here....quality wins are at an all-time low in the FCS. Few teams won FBS games...The top teams have gone pretty much unscathed unless it is situation where you have NDSU beating SDSU or Weber beating Sac. Might be the most top heavy the FCS has been since NDSU joined. UNH is #10 because really there is nothing but mediocrity at that point, you have to put somebody at #10.

Heck, if UND somehow went 3-0 they would be a seed and we have people saying at 2-1 they should be out. Goes to show how little depth the FCS has right now.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    I love that UND might make it.

Their program sucks, their fans suck and nothing brings this more to light to the teams performance and their fans bipolar attitude of either world (ie NDSU) beaters/ or needing to fire their entire staff, if not ending their football program completely.

There would be little more enjoyable for me than to see UND have their heart ripped out of their ass in the FargoDome in week 2 of the playoffs.
    Rip their heart out through their ass is my new favorite thing to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Specifically because they played an extra game and lost? Not sure I buy that. It will come down to individual resumes.

Pretty sure UND would get in over UC Davis due to the head to head win but they would have a very interesting resume with a lot of "quality losses" and some pretty good wins. But that requires them to finish out at 3-0 vs PSU, MSU and Sac and I'm sure sure they can do it.
    SIU would be an interesting comparison. UND would have 1-2 better wins but also a worse loss. I think they'd both be in with 7 wins.
    I hope UND gets in so they can get pounded miserably in the second round by NDSU. However, your school has two problems - first winning the rest of their games which are very winnable. UND tends to choke in pressure situations. Second, who is going to fight for your team to get in? As an independent on the bubble, don't be surprised if your team gets overlooked/ignored by the committee, since they are made up of individuals worried about their respective conferences.

But look on the bright side, you still have hockey.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I hope UND gets in so they can get pounded miserably in the second round by NDSU. However, your school has two problems - first winning the rest of their games which are very winnable. UND tends to choke in pressure situations. Second, who is going to fight for your team to get in? As an independent on the bubble, don't be surprised if your team gets overlooked/ignored by the committee, since they are made up of individuals worried about their respective conferences.

But look on the bright side, you still have hockey.
    I think you're overestimating the impact UND's lack of conference affiliation will have on them. I listened to an interview from Montana's AD today talking about his role on the selection committee and he said that UND is considered a "west region" team so he along with Sac St's AD and two other ADs from the Southland conference watch UND's games and following them closely to provide input to the selection committee on them and the rest of the west region teams.

In 2016 North Carolina A&T made the field as an at-large despite no MEAC representative on the committee. I think UND will have just as good of a shot to make the field as an independent as they would've if they were still an official Big Sky member.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Rip their heart out through their ass is my new favorite thing to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ummm, wouldn't their heads get in the way?
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Specifically because they played an extra game and lost? Not sure I buy that. It will come down to individual resumes.

Not saying this to be Anti-UND. The reality SHOULD be that scheduling 1 less game should definitely HURT a team.

On the other hand, its looking like a lot of teams will have more than 5 losses. So there's a fair chance UND gets in.

I think UND is squarely on the bubble. Where on this bubble is hard to determine, but scheduling 1 less game and not being currently conference affiliated certainly doesn’t HELP them. I could see Kennesaw or a middling CAA beating them out, simply because of these reasons.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Second, who is going to fight for your team to get in? As an independent on the bubble, don't be surprised if your team gets overlooked/ignored by the committee, since they are made up of individuals worried about their respective conferences.
    I find your argument tough to buy when UND was somehow in the first 4 out last year with "no one fighting for them". There isn't a single person who believed they deserved to be in after the meltdown in Flagstaff. On top of that, the Big Sky has plenty of motivation to help out UND as it helps their teams since they effectively played A Big Sky schedule.

I find your argument tough to buy when UND was somehow in the first 4 out last year with "no one fighting for them". There isn't a single person who believed they deserved to be in after the meltdown in Flagstaff. On top of that, the Big Sky has plenty of motivation to help out UND as it helps their teams since they effectively played A Big Sky schedule.
    Why would anyone fight for them last year as they were clearly a non-playoff team? Not only were the an independent, but they finished 6-5 and lost three of their last four games. Two of those three loses were against teams (Idaho and Northern Arizona) that won a total of four games each. I don't know anything about them being one of the first four out, but if so, the list must have been a joke.
    Hail the BISON!!!