Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 11/7: Vs Mayville State

Default Re: 11/7: Vs Mayville State

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Wilson played 3 minutes and Hayes got 14. There was no reason not to go with Wilson and Witz at 10 minute mark in second half. Witz had some nice quick inside moves. Hayes looks scared to shoot. But knowing Dave if he does shoot he will be pulled from the game. Wilson must just be in the dog house since he only got 3 minutes in a 40 point blowout. Glad to see 3 pointers starting to fall in the second half. First half was horrible.
    NDSU was what 1 for 10 3 point shooting in the first half. I think that continued to something like 1 for 16 before they finally started making 3's

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    NDSU was what 1 for 10 3 point shooting in the first half. I think that continued to something like 1 for 16 before they finally started making 3's
    Vinnie reacted after finally making one in the second half. I will paraphrase from reading his lips, finally one went in.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    A perfect game to get Wilson and Hayes lots of minutes and Dave doesn't...... I just don't understand his coaching philosophy at all.
    It's the modern college game. There might be some teams with a slight variation but pretty much every team does it. It's why I don't watch as much college basketball as I used to.

One things I found interesting last night was the offense we ran based on Mayville's defense early in the game. I would have Rocky coming up into the middle of the lane to get the pass and then have guys like Tyson and Sam cut to the basket for a feed from Rocky. Instead Rocky almost had a force field at the 3 point line on offense. IMHO I would like Rocky feeding the cutters or make a strong move in the lane like Witz did a few times when he was in the middle. that is just my opinion and I will hang up and listen.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I did not know the 3 pt line got moved back to FIBA distance.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I did not know the 3 pt line got moved back to FIBA distance.
    One of the new rules/ changes this year. If you get called for a flop it is a delay of game warning and on second or any other delay of game is a technical foul. One shot and ball back. Samuelson got called at K State and I have seen it called in two university of Jamestown games. This also applies to kicking out feet on a jumper and throwing your head back while dribbling like Tyus Jones used to do. Any deceptive action will get it.

Trim is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Kid was not leaving it short either, he hammered it.
    He took the break right out of it.
    "I'll whoop your ass boy!" -Ron Hunter

Why Jarius Cook has not played 2 games so far?

Quote Originally Posted by jcdcubs View Post
    Why Jarius Cook has not played 2 games so far?
    redshirting this year
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.