Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shout out to Bisonfanette!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Shout out to Bisonfanette!

Amazing. Only one thing left to do, have the boys put on a show for these heroes.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

From a vet, thanks for everything you are doing! Very cool.
    "Our plan of operation is to advance and keep on advancing. We're going to go through the enemy like shit through a tinhorn." - Patton

Thank you for your kind comments. Here’s a few tidbits from last Saturday.
    Many veterans came 45 minutes early! They were excited! The lobby with filled with veterans and guests.
    Coach RH came down to see them. The WWII vets, & many others, had photos taken in front of the Bison statue.
    Next year will have a professional photographer. The group photo was too large! Dividing veterans among branches of the military would be a better idea for photos. When they came to get their tickets, they proudly pulled out their military ID even though we weren’t asking... they WANTED to show us! A couple older veterans pulled out their discharge papers!!!
    They were incredibly appreciative, and some were emotional. Some came over to say thanks, and they couldn’t get the words out. Many stated they couldn’t believe they were going to see the BIZON in person, rather than watching them on TV. It was a big deal. Two WWII Vets sat in the first row of the 30 yard line behind the team. The VA medical center sat in wheelchairs in the south west corner. Lisbon veterans home was represented. The homeless veterans, project HART, sat together because we purchased those tickets, for that group.

GCB donated many tickets including 13 tickets inside Suite 31. Another World War II veteran and his daughter, sat inside the suite with two disabled American veterans and their wives. This was the world war two veteran, who said seeing the Bison was one thing he has wanted to do, before he leaves this earth! Sometimes I have no words...
    Your ticket donations and financial donations were beyond appreciated!
    I learned a few things about donors. I think there are two different types of donor personalities:
    Those who will donate tickets on the 50 yard line to complete strangers and not give it a second thought... (including those who willingly donate money to purchase tickets) AND
    Those who tell you they tried all week to sell their tickets and couldn’t, so they might as well give them to you (or in this case, the veterans) Lets just say I learned a lot about people, & sometimes I wanted to say, it’s only a football ticket.

I thought the opening ... the presentation of the American flag & singing of the national anthem was beautiful! At half time I thought the gold star marching band was phenomenal! The video board recognition of the veterans on Veterans Day was fine, but I still like the one during playoffs (the Ncaa video honoring veterans.) IMO, it’s longer, and very well done. Oh well, this was fine! (True story, during the third quarter when someone tapped me on the shoulder, and I turned to my left and RG was standing there holding a mic... I thought, Lord help us all!)

Lastly, after the game, when I got to my cold “dog mobile” I glanced at my phone and there was one negative message
    from a donor. He said, he gave me two tickets to be used for veterans. Clearly the ppl in his seats were not vets because they were very young! He could’ve sold those tickets rather than donated them to me. Furthermore the people left at the end of the third-quarter. He said I had some explaining to do!
    I sat back, took a couple of breaths, and I could hear my father, the World War II pilot say: “Give em’ the whole 9 yards!”
    So I did. It was a very long paragraph. There was no reply. The End.
    (I’m sure you all know this, but if anyone does not, that saying refers to 9 yards of shells that the gunners used.)

Thanks for organizing this fannette! It's awesome to hear how grateful the vets were... truly a wonderful thing. Don't let the actions of a jackhole or two get to you, you deserve all the kudos you're getting for putting this all together. Not sure if you caught it but even Coach Entz gave you a shout out in his postgame presser.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nice antidote for Bison Fatigue. Bisonfanette, you are the best. You make it difficult to despise BisonNation. Difficult, but not impossible.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Thank you! The truth is, I received some calls asking if they had to be veterans, or if they could be active military?
    I said yes to active military, and of course those people can be very young!

Great job bisonfanette !!

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.