Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring 2021 schedule released!

Default Spring 2021 schedule released!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Spring 2021 schedule released!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeTidalWave View Post
    FullSizeRender.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very impressive.

Spring season starts tomorrow and Saturday against UND at home.

Apparently no change to crowd size. Only season ticket holders and player guests allowed.

533 In a row

NDSU is predicted to finish 5th in the preseason poll, and that seems right. 4th is my hope, but USD, Omaha, and Denver are all really good teams that should battle for the Summit title.

Only the top 4 teams get into the conference tourney, so sweeping UND right out of the gate is needed.

My big concern is at setter. Kelley Johnson will likely be the full time setter, but she wasn't great last year. The ceiling of this team will likely depend on how well she plays. The only other setter on the roster is D2 transfer Briana Sharkey.

I'm most excited to see Syra Tanchin. She has a ton of talent and I'm hoping for a big leap, with more consistency in year 2.

"so sweeping UND right out of the gate is needed."
    This weekends games vs. und are not Summit matches.
    We play them late in the season as Summit games.

I thought JLO was a huge name in Minnesota Volleyball? I thought they'd have better recruiting classes. No reason why NDSU volleyball shouldn't be at the top of summit.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Tied at 1, heading to the third set.

First set started horribly and UND cruised to the set. Second set went much better, with Bachmeier and Tanchin getting hot.

Kirstin Tidd has been hitting really well too

Bison win 3-1

533 In a row

Alexis Bachmeier was great, as usual. She's a powerful hitter, who plays really good defense. Racked up 17 kills and 22 digs, and consistently made timely, impactful plays around the court. She likely won't put up the gaudy kill counts some others in the Summit will, but she's among the best all around players.

Kirstin Tidd and Syra Tanchin both hit the ball really well today. Ali Mauch had some nice kills too.

Of the newcomers, transfer rFr Allie Scheiwiller was easily the star. She's 6'2" and moves really well for her size. She looks like a nice get up front. Taylor Quan was the only true freshman to play and she wasn't great. She looked tentative and had a rough start. With that said, she moves around really, really well and looks to be a good passer.

Senior Bella Lien was dressed, but didn't play at all. Ava Schmoll barely played and was behind Quan in the rotation today. Didn't get to see freshman Ali Hinze or Alex Lyle.

This team will go as far as Kelley Johnson takes them. She really struggled the first set, and they got blown out. She played better over the final three sets, but she can, and will need to, play better. The only other setter on the roster, Brianna Sharkey, was in a walking boot.

Overall, NDSU didn't play great by any means, but they still won. I'd be surprised if they don't sweep UND tomorrow.